Proposal: Barkov in MTL

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
The 8th pick is going to be first line player. Want the caproom to pursue a top free agent. Petry probably trade like Pacioretty. A first pick and prospect like Suzuki. Makes 3 good assets and another first round pick. That isn't garbage.
you live up to your username.

Reactions: Laus723

Killamike

Apr 11, 2020
Barkov is an ELITE NHL player. I don’t see anything Montreal that Florida would take outside of ever winning the lottery.

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
Not a good move to make right now...

Young Top 4 LHD should be the priority
completely done.

Habs fan here.

I'd say its more like

Kotkaniemi + Suzuki + Caufield/Romanov + 2 unprotected 1sts.

that might get them not hanging up the phone.

Good God Does even Gretzky even return that much lol

And that's if it's Florida that want to blow it out and if Bergevin really think we can win with that D lol...

Weber Fleury Kulak Chariot Mete Juulsen Folin.... dude:huh: that's like the worst dmen transition since Brisebois was our no.1 D...

Last edited:

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Not a good move to make right now...

Young Top 4 LHD should be the priority

Good God Does even Gretzky even return that much lol

Kotkaniemi
Caufield
Poehling
Any prospect but not Romanov

And that's if it's Florida that want to blow it out and if Bergevin really think we can win with that D lol...

And the funny thing in is that other deal Montreal probably would end up the winner (although still detrimental to them because the Habs have a bunch of needs). Also, there's no untouchables if the trade involves Barkov.

Reactions: Benstheman

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Per value wise its not garbage but why would Florida want as one of the pieces a "resigned" 33 year old Petry? They all ready have an overpaid older pp d vet in Yandle. They are going to give Petry say 4 years and make it 2 overpriced older d-men? Figure Florida would have to trade Petry for hopefully a 1+ package and then trade is Domi, pick 8, pick 20-25 ish, b prospect. It ain't bad but it takes Florida admitting they are trying to win in 2024 and not now.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
What a joke thread. So, basically, Florida gives away their top two centers over the span of a couple months. That center depth would be worst in the league by a mile.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
As I've said before, elsewhere:
FL is not gonna deal Barkov unless there is enough overall profit incl long term

'equal' value will not cut it
shoe on the other foot, trade partner gutting its club to get a deal cuts the nose to spite the face, not desirable.

historic precedent is something like Lindros deal, which Rangers can approximate:

2 1sts this year, + primo young asset (Deangelo) + other desirable components [more desirable adds and taking on some of FL undesirable contracts].

FL has to make honest eval if better to keep Barkov now or wait 2 years and then he is UFA and looking at 11m or more salary. If not tied up long term before for such $, he is a productive rental, but he is still a rental without term.
Thus logic suggests he is worth more now than later.
Whether or not that is enough of a plus to be worth more than Barkov production to Panthers now is a dif ? for FL to consider.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Barkov will be hunted by the Bruins once Bergeron contract expires. Barkov a UFA at same time. Bruins will make him the next Bergeron in Boston. All this just my opinion of course.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
As I've said before, elsewhere:
FL is not gonna deal Barkov unless there is enough overall profit incl long term

'equal' value will not cut it
shoe on the other foot, trade partner gutting its club to get a deal cuts the nose to spite the face, not desirable.

historic precedent is something like Lindros deal, which Rangers can approximate:

2 1sts this year, + primo young asset (Deangelo) + other desirable components [more desirable adds and taking on some of FL undesirable contracts].

FL has to make honest eval if better to keep Barkov now or wait 2 years and then he is UFA and looking at 11m or more salary. If not tied up long term before for such $, he is a productive rental, but he is still a rental without term.
Thus logic suggests he is worth more now than later.
Whether or not that is enough of a plus to be worth more than Barkov production to Panthers now is a dif ? for FL to consider.

they’ll do everything to keep him, he’s shown nothing but a desire to stay, they’ll operate as if he’s going to be a lifer.

Barkov will be hunted by the Bruins once Bergeron contract expires. Barkov a UFA at same time. Bruins will make him the next Bergeron in Boston. All this just my opinion of course.

Lmao, not if he’s locked up with the Panthers long term!

Reactions: bernmeister

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Except, the Panthers might have something to say about that. Why don't Boston "hunt" for Eichel or Matthews or MacKinnon etc. when their contract is up?

Gaud

May 11, 2017
*mind blown* Imagine your top lines facing Bergeron then Barkov every night?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad