Proposal: Barkov in MTL

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
No, you certainly don’t. Franchise center like Barkov simply aren’t traded. You build around those players, you don’t trade them.

That being said, I still find it quite funny that you referred Barkov (24) as being a young elite #1 C (which is true) but then went on to refer Suzuki (20) has a « second line player ».

Suzuki is a second line center with elite (PPG) potential. He will never be at the level Barkov is (franchise player) but if you’re going to call out a ridiculous trade proposal (which is what OP’s proposal is) at least call the pieces in it what they really are.
Suzuki doesn't have elite ppg potential

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Alright, Huala is a UFA too eh? Can't see any of those guys returning if that trade gets done.

Huberdeau - Domi - Connolly
Vatrano - Borgstrom - Acciari
Sceviour - Wallmark - Tippet
Saarela - Heponeimi - Serron

Yandle - Ekblad
Matheson - Petry
Matheson - Weegar

Bobrovsky
Drieger

If the trade gets done, Florida might get the 1oa.

You move Barkov and Huberdeau likely asks for a trade. These two have been friends for a while now.
That lineup isn't as good with Barkov gone and you're missing Stralman on defense who has 2 years left and a NTC.
Also, no FLA fan would want 2 x Matheson, they can barely stand one right now. :sarcasm:

Wanted Petry a couple years ago but the chances of moving Barkov for mostly future potential, it doesn't help us make the playoffs now and ownership is desperately trying to reach that goal.
I'd prefer Suzuki over Domi anyhow.
It's not horrible value in the OP but the thought of trading our Captain 2 years after announcing it would have the media pundits licking their chops to shit all over the franchise.

Huberdeau is moved before Barkov or Ekblad, simple as that.

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
If you don't think that's a fair deal, I simply don't know what to tell you.

Florida shouldn't be trading Barkov but that trade is 100% even value.
You havent watched or followed Barkovs play.....no where close to even value

Florida looses whats left of their fanbase if this happened

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
To finaly getting a real first Center in MTL

MTL : Domi + Petry (resigned) not UFA + #8 OV 2020
For
Florida : Barkov
Image you looking at a big contract on Barkov? Around 10 million or so. Rather keep our pick, it would take us out of free agent market.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hell, MN can do better than that, and FLA would still be crazy to trade Barkov.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I keep reading this and it doesn't make any sense to me. Most Habs fans at the deadline believed that Petry should return a bit more than what Muzzin went for. What's so unrealistic about that? And how would you know he does not have the value that Habs fans think he has? Posters here also said that Pacioretty would never net anything good.
To be fair even after the trade a lot of folks were down on Suzuki or didn't think he was a very valuable piece.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
there's always one who thinks a completely one-sided trade in favor of their team is a bad deal.
The 8th pick is going to be first line player. Want the caproom to pursue a top free agent. Petry probably trade like Pacioretty. A first pick and prospect like Suzuki. Makes 3 good assets and another first round pick. That isn't garbage.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The 8th pick is going to be first line player. Want the caproom to pursue a top free agent. Petry probably trade like Pacioretty. A first pick and prospect like Suzuki. Makes 3 good assets and another first round pick. That isn't garbage.

Our C depth would be destroyed. Money to spend on what free agent Center? Have you seen the list?

Haula is a UFA
Wallmark is a RFA (bottom 6 C)
Borgstrom (spent last year in AHL)
Acciari (bottom 6 C/sometimes winger)

After that it's prospects.
8th OV better be ready to come in and be a PPG guy.
FLA has rebuilt too many times, Barkov isn't being moved, if so, just relocate the team.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Our C depth would be destroyed. Money to spend on what free agent Center? Have you seen the list?

Haula is a UFA

FLA has rebuilt too many times, Barkov isn't being moved, if so, just relocate the team.
You don’t know if Barkov is being shopped or not. You may not like the trade ideas being thrown out but that doesn’t mean it won’t happen. Crazier trades have happened.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
You don’t know if Barkov is being shopped or not. You may not like the trade ideas being thrown out but that doesn’t mean it won’t happen. Crazier trades have happened.

Nah, we know. Still signed to a great deal and has the C, he’s not going anywhere. Crazier trades have happened, anything with Barkov will not.

Mark stone?

Wasn’t he traded and then signed? That was a trade and sign.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Nah, we know. Still signed to a great deal and has the C, he’s not going anywhere. Crazier trades have happened, anything with Barkov will not.

Wasn’t he traded and then signed? That was a trade and sign.
but you don’t know. It’s fun to play arm chair GM but no one knows.

I wasn’t 100 percent sure about stone but I thought Vegas wouldn’t agree to the deal unless stone was signed first before the deal went through.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
but you don’t know. It’s fun to play arm chair GM but no one knows.

I wasn’t 100 percent sure about stone but I thought Vegas wouldn’t agree to the deal unless stone was signed first before the deal went through.

nope. We know. You can say this as much as you’d like, but I’ll bet my paid off house that he isn’t moved. It’s literally that simple.

Stone was signed after the trade was made. There may have been an agreement, but he wasn’t signed first.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

Don’t be foolish. Florida have no center depth. If anything, I think they could use one of their winger to acquire a Center. Add to the fact that Barkov is a franchise player and you’ve got your answer.

Haula is a UFA

When it was reported that Florida was open to maybe break up their core, who do you think were they talking about? Huberdeau, maybe?

The Habs don't have the pieces to get a talent like Barkov

Montreal certainly have the pieces to compete and most likely beat any other team’s offer if Barkov was put on the market. The issue here isn’t if Montreal has the pieces, it’s whether Barkov is available or not and, let’s be honest here... he’s not

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

That would be one hell of a crazy trade, Barkov was named Captain in September 2018, not even two years ago. It doesn't make any sense to gut your entire C depth in months, we need to make the playoffs, not rebuild entirely.

Don’t be foolish. Florida have no center depth. If anything, I think they could use one of their winger to acquire a Center. Add to the fact that Barkov is a franchise player and you’ve got your answer.

When it was reported that Florida was open to maybe break up their core, who do you think were they talking about? Huberdeau, maybe?

Montreal certainly have the pieces to compete and most likely beat any other team’s offer if Barkov was put on the market. The issue here isn’t if Montreal has the pieces, it’s whether Barkov is available or not and, let’s be honest here... he’s not

That claim hasn't been backed by anyone in the FLA organization, Trocheck was the core/shakeup move imo. Itd be idiotic to move Barkov, if anything we have some big deals off the books the year he needs a new deal.

Don't see anyway Barkov isn't re-signed to a 8yr deal at $11 million or so. Unless he asks for a trade if we miss both years he has remaining but he seems to love it in Florida and again, was just named Captain in 2018.
Plus I don't think Barkov is the guy for a huge market like MON and doubt he speaks fluent French

Its possible Huberdeau could ask to be dealt if we stumble like I said above but I doubt itd be this/next year.

Reactions: Laus723

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad