Proposal: Barkov in MTL

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
lol garbage for florida.

they don't need a 33 year old petry. domi is a 50 point center. #8 overall could be good but that's a gamble.

barkov is an elite #1C. you won't get him for spare pieces.

(I know incoming habs fans will act like the pieces they are giving up are so good but they don't help florida and aren't equal to barkov in any way)

Last edited:

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Why on earth would Florida do this and habs aren't a Barkov away from being contenders. Value easily favours habs but makes no sense for either team.

Reactions: Morrison

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
lol garbage for florida.

they don't need a 33 year old petry. domi is a 50 point center. #8 overall could be good but that's a gamble.

barkov is an elite #1C. you won't get him for spare pieces.

(I know incoming habs fans will act like the pieces they are giving up are so good but they don't help florida and aren't equal to barkov in any way)

They're not spare parts either, but ok.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
They're not spare parts either, but ok.

To florida yes those are spare parts. petry is 33 years old this year. they don't need him. domi is a defensively irresponsible 50 point center.

Compared to what florida could get if they put barkov on the market what was offered is spare parts.

I mean if OP wanted to make a real offer (not saying florida would accept) he could have started with some combination of kk/suzuki/8th/caufield.

You can't expect to get a #1C for mediocre pieces.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
To florida yes those are spare parts. petry is 33 years old this year. they don't need him. domi is a defensively irresponsible 50 point center.

Compared to what florida could get if they put barkov on the market what was offered is spare parts.

I mean if OP wanted to make a real offer (not saying florida would accept) he could have started with some combination of kk/suzuki/8th/caufield.

You can't expect to get a #1C for mediocre pieces.

Again, didn't say it's a good deal for Florida, but those aren't "spare" parts, or "mediocre".

Barkov is a centre who averages just under a ppg while being defensively responsible. What was offered isnt the type of return Florida likely wants if they were to trade him, aside from the 8th and Barkov isnt worth as much as what people think. Star players never go for their value

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Again, didn't say it's a good deal for Florida, but those aren't "spare" parts, or "mediocre".

Barkov is a centre who averages just under a ppg while being defensively responsible. What was offered isnt the type of return Florida likely wants if they were to trade him, aside from the 8th and Barkov isnt worth as much as what people think. Star players never go for their value

lol typical. Now their trying to discredit barkov.

Let me explain it to you.

Barkov is not for trade. If he was there would be much better offers available.

Don't want to pay the price fine but stop acting like your amazing pieces would be able to get him.

He's considered a top 10 center in this league. In that context what was offered would be considered spare pieces.

(Mod)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DingDongCharlie

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
Romanov+Suzuki+8th oa+cap to make it work would be more what FLA fans are looking for.

completely done.
To finaly getting a real first Center in MTL

MTL : Domi + Petry (resigned) not UFA + #8 OV 2020
For
Florida : Barkov

Habs fan here.

I'd say its more like

Kotkaniemi + Suzuki + Caufield/Romanov + 2 unprotected 1sts.

that might get them not hanging up the phone.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Why on earth would Florida do this and habs aren't a Barkov away from being contenders. Value easily favours habs but makes no sense for either team.

I really can’t see Florida going for it either but your bolded part is just... extremely funny. If any team, whether it’s Montreal or any other team, have the chance to acquire Barkov, THEY DO IT! Your build teams around guys like Barkov. Whether you’re a contender or not is irrelevant.

Suzuki + Caufield + 8th is a fair offer. I would rather grow with our young core though.

Would certainly be a hard pill to swallow. I’d keep my current core and grow with it as well.

completely done.

Habs fan here.

I'd say its more like

Kotkaniemi + Suzuki + Caufield/Romanov + 2 unprotected 1sts.

that might get them not hanging up the phone.

Don’t be silly. No player in this league is worth 5 premium assets.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Petry just does not have the value that Hab fans want him to have.
I keep reading this and it doesn't make any sense to me. Most Habs fans at the deadline believed that Petry should return a bit more than what Muzzin went for. What's so unrealistic about that? And how would you know he does not have the value that Habs fans think he has? Posters here also said that Pacioretty would never net anything good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad