Confirmed with Link: Babcock in Toronto, Media Day Thread (Shanny Too)

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Imagine if the Leafs and Wings did a Winter Classic re-match and our coach was their alumni coach and president was on their alumni team. Awkward.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'm really sauteing the thought that we have Babcock

Looking back at how much of a difference Pat Burns and Pat Quinn made to this teams culture when they were made head coach.

I feel like there should always been that level of coach on the Toronto Maple Leafs. Paul Maurice and Ron Wilson just aren't right. Carlyle seemed to be a step up from both, but he's a bit of a dinosaur.

Schadenfreude

Armchair Expert
May 14, 2014
Torana, ON
Babcock Sightings?

How long is it going to take until you see Mike Babcock around Toronto? He mentioned he plans to take full advantage of the city's many attractions.

On a side note, Burkie used to walk around downtown quite often.

AK1990

Nov 20, 2011
saw him last week walking at the four seasons in yorkville with his wife and some friends...don't know if the Valet can park his F150 lol

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Saw him at the Drake

CFe35mTUgAA7HDy.jpg

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
iirc, he said his daughter is going to 1st year Uni and will be living in the downtown. I'm gonna assume she'll be at UoFT or Ryerson and that Babcock will probably be seen at one of the two campuses.

Nvm, scratch that, she'll be at the Univ. of Portland

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
I saw him leaving the ACC last week with Mark Hunter and some other guy (may have been Sheldon Keefe)

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
iirc, he said his daughter is going to 1st year Uni and will be living in the downtown. I'm gonna assume she'll be at UoFT or Ryerson and that Babcock will probably be seen at one of the two campuses.

Nvm, scratch that, she'll be at the Univ. of Portland

Portland? As in, that Portland way over to the west just south of Seattle?

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
I have a feeling he will be seen a lot around town. Also seems like the kind of guy who would stop and chat about hockey with you. Just seems like someone who loves the game and any time he gets to talk about it.

IAmBobo

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto
I just had a bbq with him last weekend. He invited me to his house.

I was pretty busy though but managed to give him 1 hour of my time.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
My best friend once saw him at the airport in Windsor. Even took a PIC with him there it was about 2 years ago
Said he was very approachable and genuinely nice

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
How long is it going to take until you see Mike Babcock around Toronto? He mentioned he plans to take full advantage of the city's many attractions.

On a side note, Burkie used to walk around downtown quite often.

I saw him last week going for a run near my office.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Is there ANYONE that could POSSIBLY be against this hire? Because I can't see ANY reason to be against this I am still in shock I don't think it will set in until he is behind the bench

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad