Confirmed with Link: Babcock in Toronto, Media Day Thread (Shanny Too)

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
New thread:
I will be doing a transcript for those without video/audio (sorry for the typos in advance)

Babcock wil be on TSN1050 at 3:00
Shanahan will be on TSn1050 at 4:00

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
wooo, so excited.

CFd8eeCUgAEb2ri.jpg

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I can only assume that he'll be doing radio for FAN 590 as well.

My guess is that either Babcock or Shanahan or both will be on Hockey Central at Noon.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
For the people who are worry about Babcock and the Media.....his give a poop meter is very low on what people think of him...he simply marches to his own beat!

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I can only assume that he'll be doing radio for FAN 590 as well.

My guess is that either Babcock or Shanahan or both will be on Hockey Central at Noon.

Babcock will be on TSN 1050 after the presser, can't remember the time, and Shanahan will be on at 4 with Dave Naylor

Reddaye

Nov 1, 2011
New Brunswick
Watching Philly vs Toronto from a little ways back on the stream while I wait for the Babcock presser. Team has no structure. It's just rush and shoot, rush and shoot. Poor coverage defensively. Can't hold onto a lead. Rush and shoot, rush and shoot.

Thank God those days are coming to an end.

Rush, and shoot. Rush, and shoot. :shakehead

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Watching Philly vs Toronto from a little ways back on the stream while I wait for the Babcock presser. Team has no structure. It's just rush and shoot, rush and shoot. Poor coverage defensively. Can't hold onto a lead. Rush and shoot, rush and shoot.

Lupul scores! :)

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
For the people who are worry about Babcock and the Media.....his give a poop meter is very low on what people think of him...he simply marches to his own beat!

I hope so, but even "marching to his own beat" won't save him from criticism and firing. I guarantee that the media will be all over him with more than a 2 game losing streak, face it the media in Toronto are irrational, there's too much history to deny it.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

when I saw they won, I was like, hey what wizardry, voodoo and bull-poop is this?

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
I hope we can get Boucher/Maclean as the assistants.

Imagine - Babcock, Boucher, Maclean, Keefe (AHL)

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I hope so, but even "marching to his own beat" won't save him from criticism and firing. I guarantee that the media will be all over him with more than a 2 game losing streak, face it the media in Toronto are irrational, there's too much history to deny it.

Criticism is one thing that nobody can prevent....Firing will not happen for at least 5 years! Shanny is another person who simply does not care as well....Babcock is here for the long haul.

Reddaye

Nov 1, 2011
New Brunswick
when I saw they won, I was like, hey what wizardry, voodoo and bull-poop is this?

A game that should have been won in regulation. However, when you have zero structure or defensive coverage you just end up coughing up leads all the time.

Hoo-boy, here's to a brighter future.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
I really do not care who the Assistant coaches are.....Babcock runs the show period! As long as they can teach the game.

He runs the show but Assistant coaches do a lot more than you think. Trust me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad