Confirmed with Link: Babcock in Toronto, Media Day Thread (Shanny Too)

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
I saw our saviour outside of the ACC today with a couple other people. Pretty sure one of them was Mark Hunter. Didn't recognize the other.

roosterman

Feb 4, 2008
I saw our saviour outside of the ACC today with a couple other people. Pretty sure one of them was Mark Hunter. Didn't recognize the other.

So far he has been a big disappointment. It has been over a week and he has done nothing of significance.

I kid of course.... stay the course team... trade the core, draft, develop, etc.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
****, in that video when Babcock is walking and stops to look at the 1967 Cup picture literally gave me ****ing chills

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
****, in that video when Babcock is walking and stops to look at the 1967 Cup picture literally gave me ****ing chills

i know, right?

I wouldn't be surprised if he asks Tannenbaum for it, and he'll put it on his condo wall going. "I am gonna use you as motivation each and every morning." (but he'll say it all Babcockian so it will be even cooler)

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Bunch of ****ing ********** at sportsnet.

I saw the first link was by Feschuk so I knew it'd be bad right off the bat. What a poor attempt at humour.

**** this quote from Brunt as well.

As much as the fans and ownership might endorse it in theory, what they’d really prefer is a relatively quick fix and return to the playoffs—the kind of thing Burke tried to pull off when he dealt for Kessel and Dion Phaneuf.

Please, don't speak for us. I'm sure the majority of people want it just done right this time, regardless of how long it takes.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Been following this team since 1969. I will stick with cautious optimism. I have experienced too many disappointments to feel otherwise.

zoomzoom

Jul 1, 2006
Mike Babcock appears to have his eyes on an old assistant coach.

The freshly-minted head coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs has reached out to Tony Granato, who served as Babcock's assistant last season with the Detroit Red Wings, according to Damien Cox of Sportsnet.

The Red Wings, however, are reportedly interested in retaining Granato's services.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/771737

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
that's interesting with assistant coaches. I wonder how if Granto wants to go what happens there.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015

Did he look like Futa?

Seems to be some stuff going on down there. Ahh, maybe just some draft pre-planning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad