Post-Game Talk: Babcock and "Gud Pros" let Leafs down AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I think it's not as much demotion as it is trying to get something to work. Leafs can't play against Bergeron's line. Do people seriously think Babcock doesn't know what he doing out there? Even if you disagree with his decisions, are you honestly thinking he needs to go back to coaching school?

Keep in mind that the guy you are responding too likely has never coach anything...ever.

It would be like critising a heart surgeon with 1000’s of hours of operation experience because you watched a youtube video...lol

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
What? this is thinking outside the box? bringing in marlies to sit players? I don't even think we have that many call ups from minors anyway. Marlies playoffs start Apr. 21st; you don't screw up good thing they have going there.

Oh I see. The AHL team always takes precedence over the NHL one. I'm sorry I posted.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Really would’ve been nice to resign Boyle (leadership, intimidation) instead of losing a 2nd and having plekanec.

It’s still early, no more room for mistakes now though

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Just for historical purposes, when was the last time Leafs won a series after being down 0-2? I know it's probably been a hell of a long time because it never happened since I have been following (since 2001).

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The Leafs face a bit of an asset crunch in the next few years: probably lose Bozak, JVR and possibly Gardiner for nothing and they haven't been judicious with the 2nd round picks and have had to let go of Soshnikov, Rychel, Toninato and Verhaeghe. Not particularly vital players but once you start sloughing off assets at both ends, rise in the standings and get nothing done, your pipeline will start drying up if not careful.

Reactions: weems

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Just for historical purposes, when was the last time Leafs won a series after being down 0-2? I know it's probably been a hell of a long time because it never happened since I have been following (since 2001).
Not sure of the Leaf record, but league wide its about 12%.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
This reminds me earily of the late 70's Leafs, (1976) an up and coming young team with a great core, going up against a strong flyers team that just dominated in Philly for the first 2 games. A brawl filled series that saw the Leafs adjust back in Toronto and take both home dates. Splitting the next two, it came down to a game 7. We lost, philly went on to play Montreal in the finals. We came back and gave a good series. What I am saying, is this isn't over. Not at all.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Can't say ,but not sure how it is relevant really.

Because a large sample of teams that lose their first two games are quite frankly not very good.

IE: Teams that just squeaked into the playoffs.

By selecting for teams with high records (IE: >100 pts), maybe the odds of coming back are a little higher...?

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Keep in mind that the guy you are responding too likely has never coach anything...ever.

It would be like critising a heart surgeon with 1000’s of hours of operation experience because you watched a youtube video...lol

If a heart surgeon kills someone, you dont need to have a doctorate to know he messed up.

Babcock deserves the criticism. His team is fragile mentally and have not been prepared to play.

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
With Badcock out coached out played and out muscled, down 2 zip i guarantee his Ego does not change a thing...same chairman soft baby poo, Why you say?...Its all about Mikes Ego..He can't be wrong.
Beady eye'd and all puckered up ready for another Biotch slapping.....Badcock hockey

He will find a way to blame someone other than good old Mikey. Same old.
His contract allows him to be wrong..Leafs got suckered for many years.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
This is how bad the Leafs organization is top to bottom.

They hired a coach that has no clue what he is doing, they should have just came on this forum where we have a ton of people with real NHL coaching experience.

They know all the winning line combinations

They can teach physical hockey and the art of not being intimidated

Good job Shanahan

Reactions: kindalaidback

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Really would’ve been nice to resign Boyle (leadership, intimidation) instead of losing a 2nd and having plekanec.

It’s still early, no more room for mistakes now though

it takes two parties to agree to an extension, we knew boyle was a rental and quite frankly if we had paid him what he was demanding, people would have freaked out. so no thanks on boyle, love the guy but not at what his salary is and his age

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Because a large sample of teams that lose their first two games are quite frankly not very good.

By selecting for teams with high records (IE: >100 pts), maybe the odds of coming back are a little higher...?
I see,but over the evolution of the league ,since its inceptiom,there have been many changes. Namely ,number of teams,so points are likely not the best measuring tool.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
This is how bad the Leafs organization is top to bottom.

They hired a coach that has no clue what he is doing, they should have just came on this forum where we have a ton of people with real NHL coaching experience.

They know all the winning line combinations

They can teach physical hockey and the art of not being intimidated

Good job Shanahan

LMFAOOOOO, people on here are so over dramatic. A coach who has no idea what he's doing, but yet got this team 49 wins?!?! makes no sense.

I know this is a sarcastic post i'm replying to!

Reactions: kindalaidback

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
LMFAOOOOO, people on here are so over dramatic. A coach who has no idea what he's doing, but yet got this team 49 wins?!?! makes no sense.

He knows what he's doing, but I give the coaching much less credit for the success of this season. We did largely because we are talented. The coaching made lots of boneheaded decisions this season. Could have cost us home ice because Babs was too stubborn to move Komarov off the Kadri line when it was obvious it was no longer working. Once he was removed and Marner put there instead we instantly took off.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
He knows what he's doing, but I give the coaching much less credit for the success of this season. We did largely because we are talented. The coaching made lots of boneheaded decisions this season.

aha I was waiting for someone to give the players credit. you cannot give players credit when we win and then choose to not criticize them when they loose. The players have simply put played like shit. look at the numbers, 5 on 5 play is fine. our special teams is getting picked apart. Our PK guys are giving up goals in the first 20 seconds of a penalty kill. that is not babcock's fault.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017

93? Agaisnt the heavily favored detroit team would be my guess

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix

It’s actually very worrisome that these people are part of society.

All Babcock has done is bring a joke of a team just 3 years ago to the playoffs 2 straight seasons

Do people realize that there are 30 teams that will not win the Stanley Cup, many of them that have failed many more times than the Leafs.

Seriously it’s been 2 years that this team has been good, if anything, Babcock has done too well. Now all these spolied brats expect us to be Stanley Cup champs with a core of 24 year olds and younger.

Hilarious

Reactions: francis246

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
aha I was waiting for someone to give the players credit. you cannot give players credit when we win and then choose to not criticize them when they loose. The players have simply put played like ****. look at the numbers, 5 on 5 play is fine. our special teams is getting picked apart. Our PK guys are giving up goals in the first 20 seconds of a penalty kill. that is not babcock's fault.

His decision to ride Hainsey into the ground is costing us right now. He thinks that Polak is some great penalty killer, he is a pylon. Does absolutely nothin. Komarov is slow and awful yet Babs thinks he is great and can play in all situations. The players have played poorly as a whole, but Babcock also makes some interesting decisions.

Reactions: dsred

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

Yeah but also for the longest time the conferences were 1v8, 2v7 etc there isn’t a big sample size of 2 100 point teams playing series against each other. The odds won’t matter in that case would they

Edit: I’m talking 1st round only here obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad