Post-Game Talk: Babcock and "Gud Pros" let Leafs down AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
They’re scared. After they saw the reaction to Kappy’s snow shower, the very next opportunity someone else should have tried it. The didn’t. In game 1 there was a scrum behind Boston’s net and as soon as Boston asserted themselves the Leaf players laid down. And thy never engaged again.

Only players not scared :
Hyman, Marner, Dermott, Kap, AJ.

1. Babs demoted Hyman
2.Didnt even want AJ playing at first
3.Kap earned his spot reluctantly after half a season of Babs not using his eyes.
4. Marner has the biggest heart for the smallest player and even he gets demoted.
5. Dermott best babs decision all year probably.

Everyone else needs to show up, but its telling when your coach messes up on 4 outta 5 of the best things in your team right now.

Facepalm...Babs...
Please learn

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Wonder what happens in Leafland if this becomes a sweep. I’ve been against it since forever, but perhaps we should trade Marner or Nylander for someone who can actually play D.

Speaking of that, any d-man who’s shown signs of being scared of the Bruins forecheck in this series (basically all of them) also need to go. Some of the most pathetic stuff I’ve seen in this regard; you’re a pro hockey player, don’t be so scared of getting hit, and play with some composure for Christ’s sake.

Starting to question Babcocks coaching abilities as well. Too many men panalties in consecutive playoff games is absolutely disgraceful, along with his extreme favouritism of Komarov and Polak, who shouldn’t be in the NHL anymore.

Marner is one of the few players who showed up to play... best years are still to come when he fills out.

Nylander has put on a cloak and is playing Lord of the rings with the ring

Kangal

Feb 21, 2017
No 1 priority next year. Find a tough guy to play along with our young superstars for protection. Hopefully someone with a bit of skill. We draft Biggs one year for that reason and Washington drafts Tom Wilson. We all know who ended up ahead. Hopefully a big guy like Marchment from the Marlies will be ready to assume the role in the near future. Or we draft one. I would really like our superstars to go into this offseason with no concussion or other major health reasons. We can't win in the playoffs against big tough teams like Boston, Winnipeg or Nashville that are close to our skill level but way tougher.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
the made of ice joke again...keeps bringing it up but can't accept the fact that he will at least make that game more of a playoff game and not a scrimage...pasta scoring 6 points??

He wouldn’t even be playing are you f***ing kidding me, first shift against a hard hitting Bruins team he’d be dead. Enjoy the draft lottery!

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
The best thing happening in this series right now is Gud Pro ideology is getting slapped around, stomped on and spat on. Then it's getting laughed at and mocked in real time all for Babcock and everyone without half a brain to see. It's completely obvious to EVERYONE.

I will be most happy if Gud Pro dies in Babcocks heart and mind from this experience.

I LOLd. Great post sir

Reactions: Al14

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
the made of ice joke again...keeps bringing it up but can't accept the fact that he will at least make that game more of a playoff game and not a scrimage...pasta scoring 6 points??
Wasn't/ Isn't he hurt a lot? That was the knock against him,if I recall. Oh and the asking price must've been unreasonable or he would be a Leaf.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Man; If anyone one from the Leafs should play Bruin's game is someone like Martin not anyone else. Losing Martin for 5 mins doesn't mean anything; while if he can take someone of value with him to the box for 5 mins in a 60 mins game that is valuable to the Leafs.

Why do you automatically assume that Martin is going to take the instigator penalty? if Marner/Matthews get hit; Martin can also go "clean" hits heavybody hits on their D (McAvoy, Chara, etc...); or their FWDs who are willing to take the hit to make a play (hopefully its Marchand or Bergeron);

It is more about a long term protection of our assets in Matthews/Marner; as much as I want to win the series; I do not want them to be concussed and have long term impacts in their careers; especially with the way Bruins are playing and elbowing.

Even if Martin takes a 2 min instigator penalty but takes someone important from the Bruins with him to the box for 5 mins; and we kill the penalty that's 3 mins without that "important" player being on the ice.

That is advantage!

When your argument is full of IF'S .................
What is Martin supposed to do -lick them to death.Youre dreaming when you believe that Martin's presence will deter the Bruins from hitting Marner.

kindalaidback

숨 참고 LOVE DIVE
Nov 24, 2017
NYC
All I see is people mostly overreacting to... what exactly?

It's really funny, I've been laughing for two hours at 99 percent of the comments.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Last year Martin wasn't bad when he played with "COMPETENT" players in Boyle and Kapanen.

How the F does your brain even process information? again did you ****ing read the entire post? Martin-Chara or Martin-Marchand tradeoff; or Matthews doesn't even have to play against Bergeron line.

I said sacrifice one line to Bergeron linel your brain processes it as yeah it must be Matthews line.

Whatever makes you happy.
I normally agree with most of CLWM's takes but you have to remember he's a stats geek. Nothinng else matters to him, which IMO is a flawed approach.

Reactions: PromisedLand

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
You know what I realized, I know it’s bad living in the past, but having Soshnikov right now would have really helped. Komarov has been really bad, especially on the penalty kill.
Ah yes Jethro Tull song....living in the past....must hear it now!

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Leafs won like 3 out of 4 games in the regular season this year against the Bruins so I don't think that is true.

The amount of holds, hooks and interferences is what is neutralizing the Leafs speed. The Leafs can't dump and chase or skate through the neutral zone without getting held back. The clutch and grab is insane.

Smart people know that this junk is allowed in the playoffs.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I normally agree with most of CLWM's takes but you have to remember he's a stats geek. Nothinng else matters to him, which IMO is a flawed approach.
well if you want an argument other than stats, what about the fact that Boston has at least 2 guys who would kill Martin in a fight? They have no reason to actually be afraid of him. If anything, they're most likely to goad him into taking dumb penalties

Reactions: CelticDruid

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
All I see is people mostly overreacting to... what exactly?

It's really funny, I've been laughing for two hours at 99 percent of the comments.
A 105 point team being made to look like a 55 point team by a 112 point team in a couple of playoff games!

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
When your argument is full of IF'S .................
What is Martin supposed to do -lick them to death.Youre dreaming when you believe that Martin's presence will deter the Bruins from hitting Marner.

So your arrogance is such that you would rather have one of the competent assets of the Leafs get potentially concussed in a losing effort rather then see Martin play?

whatever......

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Just imagine we went and got a top 4D and moved on from JVR Bozak Komarov Polak alone. These 4 players are not PO players with the exception of YOUNG Komarov(who is done now). I trust Johnsson, Kapanen and even Leivo and Holl more than this assembly when it comes to physical play.

Kapanen is in peoples faces more than anyone else on the team.
Johnsson is driving every chance he can get
Dermott is trying his ass off
Hyman is trying his ass off
Marner is sacrificing his body where he can but is getting beat up

Polak can't even hit without being so slow he is left out of position.
Komarov hasn't thrown any meaningful hits or done anything
JVR just waits for scraps which is fine because you need someone like that but... Not a game changer
Bozak is trying but doesn't match up against a team like this. He isn't that guy, props for trying
Brown is not having a good year at all
Marleau looks dead in the water and tired
Hainsey looks overwhelmed or overplayed and tired
Rielly has been pathetic in front his net. Just right awful.
Z wasn't totally bad the first game and then BAM just a ****show 2nd game
Nylander thinks you win by protecting your body and trying to skate around behind the net
Matthews is avoiding contact like crazy (maybe injury but he does this all the time anyways)
Andersen like I said may be injured
Pleks is just whatever the hell he is doing.
Kadri lost his mind and removes himself from competition
Babcock what the **** is he doing with all the bench errors, no idea. Getting his ass handed to him.

Ok I am done with this for a bit.

Well said, its the same 5 players who are trying and came ready to compete.

Hyman, Marner, Dermott, Kap and AJ.

Glad we see it too man

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
As Edmonton has found out thus far with Lucic!
Whats the price to put Tkachuk back with Marner? Also, PL Dubois was looking like he could of been had ,early on in the year he was struggling. Not now though! Would still inquire , I think he is gonna be a beaut!
I know! Long shots to be sure!

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
So Babcok who has won a cup, gone to the finals in another, a couple of Olympic medals is stupid? Give your heads a shake.

Play best three players on the 1st line? Where the **** has Nylander been? Who is going to dig in the corners? The team just doesn't have enough grit to shelter those guys and secondly we have three d men and one playing over his head, the rest have got to go. Say what you want about Polak all year but the guy gives his all and lays out the body. WTF is Zaitsev and Gardiner? We will never win a cup with that as our second pairing. Management needs to rebuild the backend, preferably with grit and another character veteran on this team.

Bos has been masterful. Attack Mariner, it's made Nylander invisible.........Zaitsev is a complete cluster ****.

I agree. Polak is doing what is asked of him.
He could upgtaded yes. But he at least showed up

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
well if you want an argument other than stats, what about the fact that Boston has at least 2 guys who would kill Martin in a fight? They have no reason to actually be afraid of him. If anything, they're most likely to goad him into taking dumb penalties

It'd be like a game of rock paper scissors where you keep playing scissors, they keep playing rock, and instead of switching to paper, you hot glue a pebble to the handle.

Mintoregano

Oct 4, 2017
Aside from a couple players I dont even think the forwards were that bad last game. Marleau, hyman and brown were a handful on the boards, kapanen and johnsson brought much needed energy and boston had no real answer for them and the big three bounced back, Matthews especially looked a lot better. They were clearly frustrated because of the calls and the bounces not really going there way but they were able to establish zone time and get good chances.

The real issue was the defense and although nothing seemed to be going their way, Rielly Hainsey and Zaitsev were awful and are capable of being much better.

These guys cant get sucked into playing Bostons game because its just not working. Anybody thinking our toughness was the issue is out to lunch. Thats not our game and trying to establish ourselves as some sort of tough, hard hitting team will just backfire on us.

If we’re going to come back in this series itll be through tenaciousness, energy, skill and mental resilience.

Reactions: great

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Stats without Context is MEANINGLESS

Game 1 stats indicate that Bozak line had a tremendous corsi; but the context is that they got ridiculous amount of offensive zone starts and their QoC was much lower than other lines.

Stats in isolation are f***ing useless. I could draw a nice correlation chart between apples produced in china Vs BigMacs eaten by people in Ottawa; does that mean when people eat more BigMacs in Ottawa there are more apples produced by China? OR

When more apples are produced in China, people eat more Big Macs in Ottawa?

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
So your arrogance is such that you would rather have one of the competent assets of the Leafs get potentially concussed in a losing effort rather then see Martin play?

whatever......
You know what you're the one that is arrogant and rude and constantly belittles other posters on here just because you can't back up your emotional reasoning with facts.
So childish.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
You know what you're the one that is arrogant and rude and constantly belittles other posters on here just because you can't back up your emotional reasoning with facts.
So childish.

you are the one that started the gripe about "keep dreaming" apparently your posts have meaning others are useless eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad