Confirmed with Link: Avs re-sign Nichushkin

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Why rush Nuke back? I know February has been a struggle for this team, but it is not like they are on the bubble. Give him a few days to get into the swing of things before putting him back out there

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Why rush Nuke back? I know February has been a struggle for this team, but it is not like they are on the bubble. Give him a few days to get into the swing of things before putting him back out there

What’s the worst that can happen? He can’t injure his nose again.

Best way to get in game shape… is to play a game.

Unless we are so bad that it leads him to drink after the game.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Where do the players go when on the NHL assistance program? Are they provided help from their home team city or they go to a specific city that the NHL have a contract with a doctor/institution? Just curious.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He has been cleared by the league to practice, not to play.

Yeah this is probably the main reason. Same thing happened with Girard.

It was announced on Dec 22 that G was cleared to resume practicing with the team, but not cleared to play yet. Then on Dec 30, it was announced that he was cleared to play again.

So there's probably like a mandatory 7 day period or so for the "follow up care phase."

Reactions: niwotsblessing

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I don't even care, we can't re-sign these guys anyways. If it gives us a better chance of winning this year, then do it.

You are so much like your namesake. You'd make a hell of a coach, but I think you would remind me of MacKinnon as a GM.

I don't know why but reading your post hit me exactly like when Nate said he would've traded 10 1sts for Lehky. I'm sure he meant it, too.

In principle though, I agree the Avs need to be all in this year and next and then we'll have to re-evaluate after Mikko's new deal is determined and go from there. But the thing is, you've still got to be careful with what you go all-in on. I think 2C is more important right now that G. I would say that if a goalie deal can be done that makes us better and doesn't prevent us from getting the 2C solved... I'd do it as well. But for me, 2C comes first. Our best defense is playing in the opponents end, and we really have to solve the 2C to get that going.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Thought Nuke would be back for tonight. Ah well, maybe next game.
He's probably ready physically but still practicing and rehearsing his first media availability with HR. It could take a couple days of practice to really nail the milquetoast responses that take up a couple of sentences and sound vaguely remorseful but don't actually answer or explain anything.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
He's probably ready physically but still practicing and rehearsing his first media availability with HR. It could take a couple days of practice to really nail the milquetoast responses that take up a couple of sentences and sound remorseful but don't actually answer or explain anything.
In all seriousness, IDK if he's been cleared to play in games yet. He was cleared to practice, but not to play. I think Bednar did want to play him tonight, but if I understand correctly, players that leave the program have to fulfill certain goals set by the league before they are allowed to play. Perhaps he has just hasn't met all those goals yet?

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
In all seriousness, IDK if he's been cleared to play in games yet. He was cleared to practice, but not to play. I think Bednar did want to play him tonight, but if I understand correctly, players that leave the program have to fulfill certain goals set by the league before they are allowed to play. Perhaps he has just hasn't met all those goals yet?
capfriendly still has him listed as being in the NHLPA Assistance Program. They usually get player status updates as soon as they occur, so read what you will into that. I wasn't actually expecting him until Wed, although I have no idea where that notion came from.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad