Confirmed with Link: Avs re-sign Nichushkin

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Curious what Bednar does with the lines. What id do…

Nuke-Mack-Mikko
Wood-Colton-LOC
Drouin-SloJo-Lehk
Cogs-Wagner-Kiwi

Current lines till he’s back up. Seems like Lehkonen is being placed on the top line again.

Imo Nuke has shown he can carry a line in the past, wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a similar opportunity now that he’s back. I personally wouldn’t mind seeing lines of:

Lehkonen-MacK-Rantanen
Drouin-Colton-Nuke
Wood-RyJo-LOC
Parise-Wagner-Cogs

Richard Doll

Feb 18, 2020
Saint Albans, Vermont

Current lines till he’s back up. Seems like Lehkonen is being placed on the top line again.

Imo Nuke has shown he can carry a line in the past, wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a similar opportunity now that he’s back. I personally wouldn’t mind seeing lines of:

Lehkonen-MacK-Rantanen
Drouin-Colton-Nuke
Wood-RyJo-LOC
Parise-Wagner-Cogs

I'd just be afraid of RyJo killing the roaring 20's chemistry.

It would be great if Colton could turn into a full-time 2nd line center that is a true second line center, not just a guy we had to stick there though.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
What a great news that is.

Nuke listed on the 4th line suggests that he will be in the lineup as early as tomorrow and will be most likely moved up in the lineup depending how he responds to his ice time during the game.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
What a great news that is.

Nuke listed on the 4th line suggests that he will be in the lineup as early as tomorrow and will be most likely moved up in the lineup depending how he responds to his ice time during the game.
I'd take that more as he's just there to get his feet under him and not likely to play. I'd be shocked if he doesn't start out on a top 9 line.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I'd take that more as he's just there to get his feet under him and not likely to play. I'd be shocked if he doesn't start out on a top 9 line.
I don't know. I don't remember G being listed on the 3rd pair the first day he was back. IIRC he just skated with the team for a few days before he was listed on lines like Nuke is now. I might be wrong though. I was personally expecting him missing a game or two but that tweet is confusing to me.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't know. I don't remember G being listed on the 3rd pair the first day he was back. IIRC he just skated with the team for a few days before he was listed on lines like Nuke is now. I might be wrong though. I was personally expecting him missing a game or two but that tweet is confusing to me.
G and Byram have been swapping middle and bottom pairing roles all season (and for a few seasons now), so G starting on a bottom pairing is no biggie. Nuke on the 4th line is playing LOC, Wood, Drouin, and Parise all over Nuke... when Nuke has never been behind any of them.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
G and Byram have been swapping middle and bottom pairing roles all season (and for a few seasons now), so G starting on a bottom pairing is no biggie. Nuke on the 4th line is playing LOC, Wood, Drouin, and Parise all over Nuke... when Nuke has never been behind any of them.
That is not what I am talking about regarding G. I am talking about him being listed on any pairing at practice the first day is was cleared by the NHL.

We'll see what happens in the next day. I just find it weird he is listed on the 4th line already vs just skating with the team. Like I said I always expected him to miss a game or two so.....

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
That is not what I am talking about regarding G. I am talking about him being listed on any pairing at practice the first day is was cleared by the NHL.

We'll see what happens in the next day. I just find it weird he is listed on the 4th line already vs just skating with the team. Like I said I always expected him to miss a game or two so.....
That is just a reporter stating what the lines are... not an official release or anything.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
TMV's article just dropped, Nuke is cleared to practice, not play yet. TMV also indicates Nuke is still in supervised care to ensure he remains healthy.

Here's the press release from the NHL:

"The National Hockey League and National Hockey League Players’ Association announced today that Colorado Avalanche forward Valeri Nichushkin has been cleared to resume practicing with the team and has entered the follow-up care phase of the NHL/NHLPA player assistance program. Nichushkin has not yet been cleared to return to game action.

Nichushkin’s care continues to be administered pursuant to the player assistance program."

Last edited:
Reactions: missionAvs

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
This is positive news, but let's remember this isn't a black and white case where he's magically cured and can be fully relied upon again.

Nuke will need to be babysat to some degree and closely monitored.

Fingers crossed we have climbed over that mountain now.
On it

OIP.LzOE5BKBwogROHcOfxFO9QAAAA

(Side note: I once dated a chick with an ankle monitor... and somehow that wasn't the red flag that it should have been. Oh to be 23 again. :laugh:)

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I really feel the NHL should just try honesty for change and institute a luxury cap. It's obvious nobody gives a shit about teams spending more money than they should; the real purpose of the salary cap in my mind is the floor, not the ceiling.

The only other solution that makes sense is to keep the cap in the playoffs but allow it to change to a situation where you are only allowed to dress a team that fits under the cap. A team's roster of available players of course could exceed the cap because of LTIR, but at the end of the day you should ice a team that fits within the cap.
There's a lot of good ideas here. I'm sure the NHL will look at it and make adjustments to what suits vgk best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad