Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 17-18 Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
I'd love to see Jost as a 2C behind Mackinnon, but I just don't see it. I think Jost's future is at wing, and will top out at like an Eberle....and only if his centreman is above average.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I think Greer could be a more annoying Burrows, if such a thing is theoretically possible.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Something to keep an eye on over the next 12 hours or so.

Carl Dahlstrom according to the AHL transactions page was added to San Antonio late tonight. And HockeyDB/Other Websites have also suggested this to be true. Which means a potential trade to either us or St. Louis...

That said, it's also possible it's just an error as the Rampage played Rockford tonight. But it is a little odd that other sites have suggested the same thing now.

Pretty minor either way but maybe something to just keep an eye on in the media.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Something to keep an eye on over the next 12 hours or so.

Carl Dahlstrom according to the AHL transactions page was added to San Antonio late tonight. And HockeyDB/Other Websites have also suggested this to be true. Which means a potential trade to either us or St. Louis...

That said, it's also possible it's just an error as the Rampage played Rockford tonight. But it is a little odd that other sites have suggested the same thing now.

Pretty minor either way but maybe something to just keep an eye on in the media.

No idea who this fella is but it's similar to Dahlin...so I approve. One step closer to a generational talent. :)

Congo Jack

is a big fat mess.
Jun 28, 2011
Candy Apple Island
It's weird that so many websites are showing that, but I think it's an error, considering they played against the Rampage tonight plus I doubt Chicago would trade one of their top prospects to a team in their division.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
It's weird that so many websites are showing that, but I think it's an error, considering they played against the Rampage tonight plus I doubt Chicago would trade one of their top prospects to a team in their division.

I think you are right about it being an error. Have we seen anything from Dan Weiss on it?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I have no issues continuing to stockpile centers... it is easier to convert a center to wing than vise versa. I think Compher will take the #2C roll over eventually though, and then Bowers will push for it. If the Avs just select Wahlstrom, it solves the whole issue. If he translates a center, he'd push Compher to wing. If he can't be a center, he's the goal scoring right shot, RW.

Right now hes in the 6-9 range, is he expected to stay there? That's probably going to be right in our wheelhouse. We know they like centers and believe they should all learn to play wing as well.

I'm hoping for Zadina right now, but that's a little higher than I expect use to draft.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Right now hes in the 6-9 range, is he expected to stay there? That's probably going to be right in our wheelhouse. We know they like centers and believe they should all learn to play wing as well.

I'm hoping for Zadina right now, but that's a little higher than I expect use to draft.

Why not use a 2nd to move up?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Why not use a 2nd to move up?

Sure if we're in the 9ish range. I wouldn't do it to go from say 7th to 5th. Everyone I like a lot that fits team needs is in the top 7 right now. At that point I don't think Nashvilles 2nd will be enough though, and there is no way I'm moving a top 40 pick to go two spots.

That late or early second needs to be a high end goalie prospect too. So I think both of them are far to valuable now that I think about it. I just hope we're not right outsid of a cutoff point in talent.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Sure if we're in the 9ish range. I wouldn't do it to go from say 7th to 5th. Everyone I like a lot that fits team needs is in the top 7 right now. At that point I don't think Nashvilles 2nd will be enough though, and there is no way I'm moving a top 40 pick to go two spots.

That late or early second needs to be a high end goalie prospect too. So I think both of them are far to valuable now that I think about it. I just hope we're not right outsid of a cutoff point in talent.

Depends on how they view who's available though doesn't it? One or two spots could make a difference. May not seem like there's a big gap between certain guys now, but fast forward a few years down the road and there could be.

For example, I'm happy with the Avs taking Jost and Mikko, but moving up one spot in 2016 could have gotten them Sergachev. Two spots in 2015 could have gotten the Avs Werenski. One spot in 2015 could have gotten Florida Rantanen instead of Crouse.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Depends on how they view who's available though doesn't it? One or two spots could make a difference. May not seem like there's a big gap between certain guys now, but fast forward a few years down the road and there could be.

For example, I'm happy with the Avs taking Jost and Mikko, but moving up one spot in 2016 could have gotten them Sergachev. Two spots in 2015 could have gotten the Avs Werenski. One spot in 2015 could have gotten Florida Rantanen instead of Crouse.

Yeah that's exactly what I mean when I talk about that cutoff. It would piss me off to have to move one of the second round picks to move up one or two spots, but if that's where we fall. I think I'd bite the bullet and do it. I haven't done much looking into the draft just yet, as far as really looking hard at certain players. I usually go full tilt on that after the draft lottery. So I have a lot of mixed feelings on what I'd like to see happen.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I am slowly but surely jumping on the Noah Dobson bandwagon. I think getting him could be massive for this franchise.
Especially if Makar really can play LHD as well as RHD.

Best case scenario for me if we continue to play .500 hockey is Noah Dobson with our pick and Ty Smith with the 11th pick once Ottawa hopefully starts their recovery.

That would be one hell of a draft even regardless of what we do with our 2nds...

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
If the Sens pick was 11th and we drafted a D with our own pick, draft a forward. It's not like our forward core is so great.
Exactly. People keep talking about our poor defense but I think future for our defense looks way brighter than our offense. We need good second line centre. We lack proper wingers in top six. We have big problem upfront with quality.

Now we have good first line, we have 3 players capable of playing in first line, Landy, Rintin and Mack. After that I'm not sure who I would really like to play in second line. Maybe Compher and Jost has potential for It, but it's only potential for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad