Value of: Avs Firesale, truly this time...

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
OP does not speak for all Avs fans.

It's less than 10 games in underneath a coach who is implementing a brand new system. You can see the processes are far better. The wins will come. Get off the ledge.

Im expecting playoffs maybe first round exit and if that happens, will the OP still stand by this? My point is exactly that, that it's too early to panic, we haven't started bad overall. Growing pains

Kanneda

Aug 10, 2014
Madrid
But firesales really happen in the NHL? A team trading away most of their core pieces simultaneously because they are not good enough?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
But firesales really happen in the NHL? A team trading away most of their core pieces simultaneously because they are not good enough?

Exactly. Firesales happen when teams are good for a while but start aging and only have a few strong straws left so they sell those off for futures. Firesales don't include the selling off of guys like Matt Duchene, Gabe Landeskog, Nathan Mackinnon and Tyson Barrie who are all 25 and under.

The Avs aren't a very good hockey team but when you're core is that young and that high level you don't sell it all off. They need complimentary pieces, not to get rid of the talent they have.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I know OP said fire sale, but we're not at that point. Most Avs fans had our expectations set at being a bubble team with growing pains to go through this year, so any offer for our players shouldn't be for futures, unless it's for or Iggy, then we'll take anything lol.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
IMO value between Pacioretty and Mackinnon isn't a 1st and Beaulieu

Was coming to saying this
Mackinnon has had 3 seasons under his belt and so far has never looked elite and this year his play has been mediocre. At some point the aura of being first fades off.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
**** off with a thread like this. Seriously. It's been 8 games and we've expected growing pains.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Please jump off the ledge so we don't have to read another one of these threads. Fire sale, then you want a franchise player back?

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Was coming to saying this
Mackinnon has had 3 seasons under his belt and so far has never looked elite and this year his play has been mediocre. At some point the aura of being first fades off.

You mean how it's been 8 games and MacKinnon only has 6 points? Yeah super mediocre.

Remember how Duchene didn't score til December last year and still put up 30 goals?

The season is young..

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
You mean how it's been 8 games and MacKinnon only has 6 points? Yeah super mediocre.

Remember how Duchene didn't score til December last year and still put up 30 goals?

The season is young..

I totally agree the poster didn't use the right word with mediocre but it still doesn't change the fact that the difference between Pacioretty and him isn't Beaulieu and a 1st.

In fact, it would probably be a fair 1 vs 1 trade.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Schwartz has two 55+ point seasons in the NHL and Walman is a top prospect unlike Siemens.

You're missing the point.. Your proposed trade does nothing for the Avs and doesn't fill a need or a want for the Avs.

Rantanen, Duchene, Landeskog, and MacKinnon won't be moved. Especially for pieces that are either lateral moves or don't fill current needs.

EJ, Zadorov, Barrie, and Bigras are likely the cornerstones of the Avs defense. However I could see Bigras being moved for an equivalent wing prospect.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
This is a firesale?

you-liar.gif

HF needs to ban that word from the trade board.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
You're missing the point.. Your proposed trade does nothing for the Avs and doesn't fill a need or a want for the Avs.

Rantanen, Duchene, Landeskog, and MacKinnon won't be moved. Especially for pieces that are either lateral moves or don't fill current needs.

EJ, Zadorov, Barrie, and Bigras are likely the cornerstones of the Avs defense. However I could see Bigras being moved for an equivalent wing prospect.

You literally could have just said that instead of making an awful counter proposal. Not sure how I'm supposed to figure out that my proposal doesn't fill a need or want when all you did was post a counter proposal with no actual substance.

So the Avs are set on defense, center, and apparently wing as well. What exactly is the need/want from the Avs then?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
You literally could have just said that instead of making an awful counter proposal. Not sure how I'm supposed to figure out that my proposal doesn't fill a need or want when all you did was post a counter proposal with no actual substance.

So the Avs are set on defense, center, and apparently wing as well. What exactly is the need/want from the Avs then?

The Avs need good bottom 6 depth and another top 6 winger. Their core all range from 20-25 in age so these needs that they have aren't a priority right now. The Avs aren't going to blow it up and trade to fill one of their holes if it creates another one when they are clearly still building into what they want to be.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Why should we give you thoughts when you clearly didn't think about this?
courtesy, civility, and ... ya never know, we might agree on something!

Legend has really no insight to the Avs. He barely knows his own team he cheers for.

Avs ARE fine. It's not game 81. It's not even game 10. Their new coach is fine. They're a much better team right now than they were last year.
all of that is regardless of the question of how good is the value
we can debate nuances of McD and Barrie who are close
then look at Zuc and Stepan for MacK, good players on cost controlled deals.

Would like to know what Av fans think, value-wise, and are there truly better offers?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad