Value of: Avs Firesale, truly this time...

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'm sorry, GTFO with garbage offers like that. That's an insult. Offer one top piece in return.

Yeeesh, what might be a lotto pick, our second best defensive prospect, NHL ready winger and character bottom 6 centre.

Sure it's a fire sale or just a regular day at HF?

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Yeeesh, what might be a lotto pick, our second best defensive prospect, NHL ready winger and character bottom 6 centre.

Sure it's a fire sale or just a regular day at HF?

Every non-playoff pick is a lottery pick, you don't trade Landeskog for a percentage. Where a player ranks in your prospect system means nothing, an 'NHL ready winger' is actually a 'borderline NHLer,' and the character bottom six centre is a cap dump. If the team is blowing it up, and 3/4 of the pieces being offered are future pieces, then the aging, veteran centre is pretty useless. You're sugar coating three pieces of comparative garbage. It would be like me offering the Avs first round pick, Meloche, John Mitchell, and Grimaldi for Monahan. That would be a potential lottery pick, the Avs' second best defensive prospect, an NHL ready player, and a veteran centre. It's a terrible offer and a silly justification on your part.

I would call it a classic HF four quarters for the dollar offer, but I can't in all seriousness pretend pieces like Stajan and Shinkaruk deserve to be called quarters, so I'll call it the "our spare parts for your top piece" HF classic.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Is this thread real life? I would give up some pretty damn good pieces from the Blues for McKinnon.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
OP does not speak for all Avs fans.

It's less than 10 games in underneath a coach who is implementing a brand new system. You can see the processes are far better. The wins will come. Get off the ledge.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Three coaching regimes, this core still has the same problems. There has been enough time for these players to change their ways, but can't. This team is beyond fragile mentally, Bednar has made some good decision among game-system, but the players just can't execute, a lot of our core are just idiots. Solid players, but completely lack any intelligence in terms of taking the next step. This team also suffers from a lot of junior level of mistakes, especially puck-watching.

Honestly, the only three players that should be untouchable are Duchene, Zadorov, and Rantanen.

EVERYONE else is available. MacKinnon is dumber than a doorknob. I wouldn't mind trading Landeskog too. EJ's age wouldn't fit into Avs re-rebuild. Varlamov too. Barrie doesn't belong in Bednar's system.

But word of warning, just because these players are available, does NOT mean you'll be able to get them for cheap. If we trade MacKinnon, we want a franchise player back, preferably one with some level of intelligence. Likewise with the rest.

Enjoy.

The avs have a lot of pieces to be a playoff team. They badly need a better goalie and a true #D imo. Avs fans prob will never agree with me and tell me their team is perfect the way it is, but its not.

Idk why Z and Rantanen would be untouchable over players like Barrie, Mck an Landy, but adding any of those 3 players to any team would be a major boost. Tho I doubt any team can offer anything good, or as good as u want, so if u were to have a firesale, u better be ready to take lesser pieces and not other franchise players. Or dont have one.

If we agree on the correct currency coming back and forth, I get the feeling we can do mutually satisfactory biz

I want MacKinnon, with idea he is C/RW with Kreider and Zib or other to establish a dominant line, so he is on and they are off the table.

we also can't move our ELC LDs Skjei and Graves due to exp draft and lack of surplus

There is also, obviously, a promise to Vesey to hook him up with Hayes, and while that surely has an expiration date, it is at least 2 yrs down the road

So how about something around this:

Stepan 6.5, Zuc, 4.5 and McDonagh 4.7
for
MacKinnon + Barrie don't remember exactly, but with a small add that is close

we can send you Raanta for now, along with Halverson for a top G prospect, reasonable cap dumps, no NMCs ok prospects/picks preferred.

the above fits your need to get smart and productive, hard working types. none are 20 but all are right side of 30

thoughts?tweaks?

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Nah its over at this point. I mean Oilers and Canadiens are basically scheduled for the SCF.

Weber is walking away with the Norris and his 90 point season. I mean nothing changes after 10 games at all right?

Honestly don't know why other teams are even trying. Habs and Oilers have this season wrapped up.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
If we agree on the correct currency coming back and forth, I get the feeling we can do mutually satisfactory biz

I want MacKinnon, with idea he is C/RW with Kreider and Zib or other to establish a dominant line, so he is on and they are off the table.

we also can't move our ELC LDs Skjei and Graves due to exp draft and lack of surplus

There is also, obviously, a promise to Vesey to hook him up with Hayes, and while that surely has an expiration date, it is at least 2 yrs down the road

So how about something around this:

Stepan 6.5, Zuc, 4.5 and McDonagh 4.7
for
MacKinnon + Barrie don't remember exactly, but with a small add that is close

we can send you Raanta for now, along with Halverson for a top G prospect, reasonable cap dumps, no NMCs ok prospects/picks preferred.

the above fits your need to get smart and productive, hard working types. none are 20 but all are right side of 30

thoughts?tweaks?

Why should we give you thoughts when you clearly didn't think about this?

Legend has really no insight to the Avs. He barely knows his own team he cheers for.

Avs ARE fine. It's not game 81. It's not even game 10. Their new coach is fine. They're a much better team right now than they were last year.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Mackinnon dumb as a door knob but you want a franchise player back??? Hmmm

Who trades a franchise player for a dumb player?

Btw, I'm not saying Mackinnon is dumb. Would love him on my team.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Wasn't there a thread on here when the Avs were like 2-0 talking about how great they were?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Wasn't there a thread on here when the Avs were like 2-0 talking about how great they were?

I don't even think that was started by an Avs fan. Also not all of us feel this way, we knew there were gonna be growing pains this year, having a new coach and all.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Pacioretty+1st+Sherbak for Mackinnon and a ok defensive prospect (LHD if possible)

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
The OP said fire sale but still...

Doesn't matter what kind of sale they have, if he has a NTC or NMC then he ain't moving!

Montreal's interested in Landeskog and MacKinnon from the available list, and Duchene and Zadorov from the unavailable list.
Hell, through Iginla in there to, if he'll waive.
We have Pacioretty, Plekanec, Emelin, Desharnais, Beaulieu, plus assorted kids and picks available.

Last edited:

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Idk about you guys but OP sure seems like the optimistic type :laugh:

Well that or he is Terry Frei in disguise

yideboit

Aug 5, 2010
Three coaching regimes, this core still has the same problems. There has been enough time for these players to change their ways, but can't. This team is beyond fragile mentally, Bednar has made some good decision among game-system, but the players just can't execute, a lot of our core are just idiots. Solid players, but completely lack any intelligence in terms of taking the next step. This team also suffers from a lot of junior level of mistakes, especially puck-watching.

Honestly, the only three players that should be untouchable are Duchene, Zadorov, and Rantanen.

EVERYONE else is available. MacKinnon is dumber than a doorknob. I wouldn't mind trading Landeskog too. EJ's age wouldn't fit into Avs re-rebuild. Varlamov too. Barrie doesn't belong in Bednar's system.

But word of warning, just because these players are available, does NOT mean you'll be able to get them for cheap. If we trade MacKinnon, we want a franchise player back, preferably one with some level of intelligence. Likewise with the rest.

Enjoy.

Idk about you but I don't trade franchise players for guys who are dumb as a post

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad