GDT: Aves VS. Penguins 12-11-17 -- 5PM MT

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Gritty win, held on. Pens were the better team, but who cares. Bernier with a great game.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Not always pretty defensively, but I thought they did a good job boxing the Pens out overall. Nice win. Sometimes have to win the ugly grindy ones.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Gritty win, held on. Pens were the better team, but who cares. Bernier with a great game.

Were they? Don't think they played better than us. Basically a perfect road game if not for that one sequence in the third where Avs couldn't get the puck out of their zone.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Outside of about 1, 2 minute period in that 3rd period, the Avs did a really fantastic job defensively at limiting grade A scoring chances, and not letting the rebounds get back to Pens players in tight.

Pens had 40+ shits but like Bernier said, Avs did a good job at allowing him to see the shots and a lot of those shots came from the point.

Good, hard road win.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's hard to get excited when you look at the standings. We're already stuck in the worst place in hockey: almost sure not to make the playoffs and almost sure not to get a top 5 pick.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
More like Maxim Afinogenov lol I assume ur talking about how JTC cant finish
Sort of that, but more how many breakaways he gets in a game, but how little he scores on them. Maybe that's what you mean as well, Lol.

It was a gritty win as TPS said above. Jost, EJ, and Barrie all looked great. Rantanen, I swear was legitimately drunk today. Worst Avs player by far. Great game for Bernier, that second for him is looking nicer as of now. MacKinnon was all pro.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think Compher will start scoring more. Maybe it won't happen right away, but the guy is too good to not score. I think he's going to be a consistent 20-25 goal scorer in this league.

Any update on Kerfoot?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Compher's shooting percentage is respectable. He's also scored on a couple of breakaways too. I tend to favor Compher as much as possible lol, but I'm not concerned about his finishing ability. It'll likely improve with experience too.

The fact that he gets so many breakaways is impressive on it's own. Once he figures it out the goals become gravy.

Now please send Tyson Jost down.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
2 of the ugliest wins I've seen in a while. Avs have no pace to their game when the top line isn't on. It's almost as if most of the team doesn't want to touch the puck or try to make a play. Seem disinterested already. Not sure what happened because a few weeks ago, before the Duchene trade and shortly after, they were actually playing some pretty solid system hockey. The fact that they've fallen apart after a losing streak tells me they aren't responding the Bednar and he needs to go sooner than later, especially with quality coaches (SUTTER!) on the market.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I think Compher will start scoring more. Maybe it won't happen right away, but the guy is too good to not score. I think he's going to be a consistent 20-25 goal scorer in this league.

Any update on Kerfoot?

MacK wasn't great at breakaways at first either, I hate faith in JTC. He's still a rookie, I have faith.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad