GDT: Aves VS. Penguins 12-11-17 -- 5PM MT

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
So we are just talking about how solid Z has been the last 4-5 games and you instantly take it there? :laugh:

Never change, the_fan.
4-5 games is just a small sample size. All I'm saying is people shouldn't get upset when Zadorov is being scratched. That is what's best for his development

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
Not sure I understand all the complaining. The Avs beat the defending champion in their building playing reasonably good hockey. What's not to like? Especially compared to last season.

Reactions: McMetal

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
RE: Rantanen. If this is his sophomore slump then we should be counting our blessings.

I think this really is him sophomore slumping. Haven't been impressed him this season and yet he just racks points. I hope he can be consistent 30+40 guy for us that plays solid two way game. He certainly can be that.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Not sure I understand all the complaining. The Avs beat the defending champion in their building playing reasonably good hockey. What's not to like? Especially compared to last season.

Some people just cant recognize the fact there's a huge gap between playing great hockey and playing terrible hockey. The Avs both last night and in Florida, hell even in Tampa for that matter, fell in between those two gaps. They weren't great or bad in any of those games. They were good in 2 of them and meh/could have been better in the other game.

Either that or expectations for a team that finished with 48 points not even 8 months ago are way too high and need to be readjusted.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I only caught the 2nd and 3rd and wasn’t dissatisfied with it. Only bummer was Bernier not getting a SO.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Good thing they won this game, because the refs did everything they could to let the Pens back in the game.

That offside ruling on MacKinnon’s goal was BS. There’s no way that was conclusive enough for them to overturn the call on the ice.

The frame rate on most those cameras isn’t high enough to judge. The puck jumps too far when you go frame by frame. Plus the blueline had too much snow on it and was too blurry to see a definitive line between the blue and the white. It also looked like the puck turned on edge a bit.

I would bet a large sum of money that if the roles were reversed, and the refs were trying to figure out whether to take a goal away from Pittsburgh or not, they would have told everyone it wasn’t conclusive enough. Guaranteed.

Just like borderline suspensions and penalties, they’d be way more concerned with taking heat from a Stanley Cup contender and their fans and media, than they are the Avs.

Then they let go 3-4 blatant trips and holds in the 3rd period alone, including one where Mikko clearly got tripped as he tried to carry the puck out of the D zone with about a minute or so left in the game. Pens get a whistle, and then immediately score a goal.

So the the refs managed to screw over both Bernier, and MacKinnon, by taking away a shutout, and a beautiful highlight reel goal.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Good thing they won this game, because the refs did everything they could to let the Pens back in the game.

That offside ruling on MacKinnon’s goal was BS. There’s no way that was conclusive enough for them to overturn the call on the ice.

The frame rate on most those cameras isn’t high enough to judge. The puck jumps too far when you go frame by frame. Plus the blueline had too much snow on it and was too blurry to see a definitive line between the blue and the white. It also looked like the puck turned on edge a bit.

I would bet a large sum of money that if the roles were reversed, and the refs were trying to figure out whether to take a goal away from Pittsburgh or not, they would have told everyone it wasn’t conclusive enough. Guaranteed.

Just like borderline suspensions and penalties, they’d be way more concerned with taking heat from a Stanley Cup contender and their fans and media, than they are the Avs.

Then they let go 3-4 blatant trips and holds in the 3rd period alone, including one where Mikko clearly got tripped as he tried to carry the puck out of the D zone with about a minute or so left in the game. Pens get a whistle, and then immediately score a goal.

So the the refs managed to screw over both Bernier, and MacKinnon, by taking away a shutout, and a beautiful highlight reel goal.

Avs got lucky with quite a few quick whistles in the first, it wasn't completely biased. There's a good chance one of those plays would've resulted in a goal without the whistle.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Avs got lucky with quite a few quick whistles in the first, it wasn't completely biased. There's a good chance one of those plays would've resulted in a goal without the whistle.

I don't think those plays were that dangerous, but I agree they did get a couple quick whistles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->