CBC Hot Stove: Avalanche the favorites for Taylor Hall, trade may even happen before Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
I dont see why the Devils would trade him for a subpar return. I would say your 1st+ best prospect is a given.

Not all prospects are created equal. That would be a given for some teams, but not all teams. Trading with Calgary and their "best prospect" (talking those not in the NHL currently) is not the same as trading with Colorado with their best prospect.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I think if there's any truth to the 4 pieces it will be Jost/Newhook + Bowers + 2020 2nd + conditional 2021 2nd (on him re-signing).

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Then I doubt I it happens soon.

Devils would be silly to not hold on to him for a better package.

I don't think you are quite up to speed with what is going on..
Avs shouldn't trade any of their top3 prospects and probably still have a very good chance of offering the best package.

I unfortunately doubt that they will keep all 3 considering how quickly this seems to be picking up speed but Sakic would have to completely lose his mind to include the guy he just picked 4th overall for a rental...

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I dont see why the Devils would trade him for a subpar return. I would say your 1st+ best prospect is a given.

When was the last time a UFA Rental was traded for a teams top prospect? Let alone a 1st on top of that prospect :laugh:

Basically 100% of the time when you're looking at the rental market for higher end rentals, you're looking at a 1st round pick + a teams ~5th or 6th best prospect.

Now Hall also isn't quite your typical rental either as he is an elite player and not too long ago a Hart trophy winner so he probably gets a tad more than what that typical return is.... But that's also where instead of getting just a couple of assets, it looks like New Jersey is looking to get a basket of solid assets instead, similar to the Avs approach when they dealt Duchene a few years back.

Young Roster player + 1st + B Prospect + B Prospect

That's the type of return it will be. With the young roster player IMO being set up very likely to be Tyson Jost as he really just doesn't have much of a defined role for the Avs anymore.

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
Jost
Timmins
2nd
Conditional 2020 first if re-signed.

That's the best offer i'd make if I were Sakic.

Edit: and that's only because I want Jost off this team more than I want Hall on it.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
4 pieces makes it sound like a quantity trade.

Jost
Kaut/Bowers/Helleson/Kamenev
1st
Conditional 1st if re-signed

Jixer19

Dec 19, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
From this Avs fan perspective, all I hope for is it to not include Byram/Newhook, I would love to keep Timmins, but I understand NJ wants a dman, so if it is between Timmins and say big Z, well good luck Timmins. With that in mind, wonder if Sakic would ask to speak to Hall's agent before the trade, see if he will take a discount on a new contract to play in Denver, because at 10M/yr that is rumoured, I would hope Sakic passes on that.

With that in mind, I don't think we need Hall, but for the right price I will welcome him to the Avs for sure.

1st 2020
Timmins
Jost
Kaut or Bowers

Maybe some conditional pick if he signs in Denver also

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
This would be great for the Avs. Hall is one of those guys that drives play to such an elite degree that he can essentially carry his own line. I’m pretty sure he’ll be in Denver for awhile, and will be worth every penny.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
When was the last time a UFA Rental was traded for a teams top prospect? Let alone a 1st on top of that prospect :laugh:

Basically 100% of the time when you're looking at the rental market for higher end rentals, you're looking at a 1st round pick + a teams ~5th or 6th best prospect.

Now Hall also isn't quite your typical rental either as he is an elite player and not too long ago a Hart trophy winner so he probably gets a tad more than what that typical return is.... But that's also where instead of getting just a couple of assets, it looks like New Jersey is looking to get a basket of solid assets instead, similar to the Avs approach when they dealt Duchene a few years back.

Young Roster player + 1st + B Prospect + B Prospect

That's the type of return it will be. With the young roster player IMO being set up very likely to be Tyson Jost as he really just doesn't have much of a defined role for the Avs anymore.
Ya I would assume they want a winger that can play in the NHL a prospect and 2 picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia