CBC Hot Stove: Avalanche the favorites for Taylor Hall, trade may even happen before Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
in before the "oh great, we needed another Taylor Hall thread" posts.

Also, 4 asset package? Damn, are they going full on spare part here?

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
I wonder if something like this would work?

Alex Newhook
Tyson Jost
2020 1st
2021 conditional 2nd (becomes a first if he resigns)

Hall on Colorado wouldn't even be fair

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If it's a 4 asset package, you can most certainly rule out Byram being in the deal, and quite frankly if one of those pieces is a 1st(And you know it is) you can probably rule out Newhook as well.

Jost + 1st would be 2 of the 4 assets IMO, with the other 2 being some combination of Timmins/Kaut/Bowers/Ranta/Annunen/etc.

I would hate to see Timmins in it. Like absolutely hate it but I suspect New Jersey is smart and know what kind of player he can be and likely insist on him being in the deal.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
giphy.gif

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I wonder if something like this would work?

Alex Newhook
Tyson Jost
2020 1st
2021 conditional 2nd (becomes a first if he resigns)

Hall on Colorado wouldn't even be fair

Huge overpayment. Will likely look more like Newhook/Jost + 2020 2nd + 2021 conditional second. No way they give up both Jost and Newhook, it just won't happen.

Reactions: egelband

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Ugh...

First Makar and Grubauer leave the game with what looks like significant injuries and now this...
Even if we win not a good evening...

If it is 4 assets, it better not include any of our top end assets...

I can't imagine it would with 4 pieces, though it could be just that one or two of those pieces are highly nominal to start with. If one of those were like a 4th round pick, then this doesn't really change much from what a lot of people were prognosticating that a package may look like anyway.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
If it's a 4 asset package, you can most certainly rule out Byram being in the deal, and quite frankly if one of those pieces is a 1st(And you know it is) you can probably rule out Newhook as well.

Jost + 1st would be 2 of the 4 assets IMO, with the other 2 being some combination of Timmins/Kaut/Bowers/Ranta/Annunen/etc.

I would hate to see Timmins in it. Like absolutely hate it but I suspect New Jersey is smart and know what kind of player he can be and likely insist on him being in the deal.

Yeah, if Newhook or BB aren't involved, it almost has to involve Timmins at that point in my opinion. Especially given that he's already playing at the AHL level well. We were reported to want guys who were close.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I can't imagine it would with 4 pieces, though it could be just that one or two of those pieces are highly nominal to start with. If one of those were like a 4th round pick, then this doesn't really change much from what a lot of people were prognosticating that a package may look like anyway.

Meh. It feels too early and too eager from an Avs POV. Doubt that Shero would pull the trigger now without getting one of Newhook/Timmins (I still don't believe Sakic is nuts enough to include Byram and absolutely hate that he really seems to want to do this badly or otherwise this wouldn't happen right now with all of our injuries and with how amazing we are playing regardless).

Zadorov should be completely off the table the way he is playing right now (in his current state he looks flat out like the best shutdown D in the league over the last 5-10 games).

The only thing I will say is that this came out before Makar got hurt. Timmins is the natural replacement for him. Given that it unfortunately looked like some type of shoulder injury for Makar, this might not get done anytime soon if it involves Timmins...

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I dont see why the Devils would trade him for a subpar return. I would say your 1st+ best prospect is a given.

Sorry but that is crazy.

1st + Byram is completely nuts for a rental. If Sakic does that, he will ruin with one move almost everything he has done recently...

Reactions: Danvalanche
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad