EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
151304598644877_zpspneucpjz.gif

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
WHat annoys me is this:

Ok you lose to COL. Bad but its one game right? Thing is the 5 or so glaring errors they made that could’ve easily ended up in the net. D getting burnt badly, broken plays, etc. What glaring errors did the Avs make? MacKinnon blew a 5 on 3. That’s about it. That shouldn’t be the case and if anything it should be the reverse. The Avs, who don’t amount to much, played fairly solid hockey. We made at least a few mistakes that bad teams make.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I think JR and Sully had hopes this roster would string wins together but ultimately know this could've been the result.

Where do you go from here when other GM's are gonna hand you anvils and deplete your depth for minimal returns...?

For me(as JR), i have 2 Cups in the back pocket and don't chase it this season specifically. Stick to wanting bigger impact players and fair trades.

BUT you gotta get some more energy in the group. Theres kids on the farm that can contribute. It's time to shake it up that way at the very least.
You go all-in every season as Sid and Geno’s prime fade more and more every season. We can’t adford to sit one out because JR didn’t do his job this summer.
JR created all of these issues.
Keep truckin.

Reactions: Angrrus

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I bought myself a very expensive pair for Christmas. $500 gone. You live one time in this world man.

You know how many hot dogs that could by Phil! ..........Probably just a weekends worth.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Terrible gap tonight also. It's as if we're playing in the exhibition season.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
2 good players, at least one of them a pivot, will really make the team better and might be what the core needs to get motivated.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I could see them missing the playoffs with the current iterations of the players they have.

I feel like that is more damning on the players than anyone else. There is flat out no excuse for this team to be missing the playoffs. Not a cup contender with the current roster? I could buy that, but if we're talking about them not even being a playoff team, that just has to come down to the players playing better. But I feel like we've been saying that all year.

Reactions: Extra Texture

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
So you mean you can't just show up against a team like Colorado and still win?

Huh. How about that.

Maybe something to ponder while they're playing golf much earlier than they expected at the end of this year.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I feel like that is more damning on the players than anyone else. There is flat out no excuse for this team to be missing the playoffs. Not a cup contender with the current roster? I could buy that, but if we're talking about them not even being a playoff team, that just has to come down to the players playing better. But I feel like we've been saying that all year.

Malkin goes down...team plays awesome. Malkin comes back...screw playing again.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The early schedule was a legitimate excuse for mediocre performances. This last stretch they've played however can't be pawned off as such.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens need a shake up and time to decide who they can win with going forward. Letang is a issue but Schultz injury keeps him making horrible plays. Jake isn't getting the puck in the net, Sheary is a joke to many plays. Rust has no idea what to do since he has no idea what his line mates are doing. Cole still bangs guys and somehow he is on the block really? To soft on D.

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
I thought they had gotten back some of that cohesion when they had:

Sheary-Crosby-Hornqvist
Guentzel-Malkin-Kessel

And the point streaks were happening for everyone, then Sullivan blew it up because we didn't score for one period against the Islanders even though we dominated the whole period? I like Sullivan as a motivator but sometimes he's legitimately an idiot when it comes to line combinations. He threw away what they had going during the win streak.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Heading to Vegas on Wednesday and I’m actually not looking forward to the game as much as I was when we booked the flights.

They just are boring to watch right now.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I thought they had gotten back some of that cohesion when they had:

Sheary-Crosby-Hornqvist
Guentzel-Malkin-Kessel

And the point streaks were happening for everyone, then Sullivan blew it up because we didn't score for one period against the Islanders even though we dominated the whole period? I like Sullivan as a motivator but sometimes he's legitimately an idiot when it comes to line combinations. He threw away what they had going during the win streak.
But but but he just won 2 back to back cups

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Why? You can’t expect Crosby, Malkin and Kessel to carry a team. We literally learned that the last few years before JR when Crosby and Malkin were actually in their scoring prime?

Management got arrogant about the two cups and thought they had a better roster than they did. Which.. we literally saw the last few years before JR also.

Not to mention every team in our division obviously got better. I honestly can’t fathom why people thought it was beyond reality that we would be in a playoff fight.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
We have seen this team play 32 games this year.

They just aren't that good, its an average hockey team.

I don't know how anyone could think any different unless your basing your opinion on the last 2 years.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Heading to Vegas on Wednesday and I’m actually not looking forward to the game as much as I was when we booked the flights.

They just are boring to watch right now.

Vegas isn't, maybe you'll enjoy watching them. Several ex pens, they're Pittsburgh west. :nod::thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad