Auston Matthews vs. Elias Pettersson

Who would you take going forward?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
This is easily Pettersson. I’ve watched his game and he’s not going to shoot below 40% in his career IMO.

He may actually be better than McDavid as well which is saying something.

Expecting him to put up a 100 points this season at this pace at least or it would be a big choke by EP.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Leafs fans, this one isn't the worth the battle.

Let Canucks fans have their moment.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
We're fine. Canucks will continue to suck for a while so if they win some polls great for them!
To be fair, neither team has won a playoff series in a while, and, both have major holes yet to be considered safe bets for playoff success. At least as far as the next season or two go.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I think it's like the AM vs CM poll where Matthews had an amazing start and people were buying it that he was better than Mcdavid. Let's pump the break here and wait what Pettersson gonna do after a full season. Can't deny how good he was yesterday though but I would take Matthews right now. Boy that was our secondary scoring option right there but can't wait to see Makar maybe after his team gets eliminated ?

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
This is easily Pettersson. I’ve watched his game and he’s not going to shoot below 40% in his career IMO.

He may actually be better than McDavid as well which is saying something.

Expecting him to put up a 100 points this season at this pace at least or it would be a big choke by EP.

100? He just needs 70 ;)

Reactions: PopaneNightscare

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
To be fair, neither team has won a playoff series in a while, and, both have major holes yet to be considered safe bets for playoff success. At least as far as the next season or two go.
Thats true. The way the two teams are built right now, I cant see either of them winning a playoff round this year or even next year - depends how big of an impact Hughes may have on the back end

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
You mean let hfboards have their moment.
Exactly. It always shocks me when people jump on certain fanbases for these types of reactions when on this website, every single fanbase acts pretty much the same way in that regard. It’s absurd. Lol.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Wasn't a thread of Matt Barzal vs Auston Matthews created after Barzal put up a 5 point game as rookie.

I can't wait for a 20 game sample of Pettersson to really get a solid base of numbers to look at.

Last edited:

rotiman187

Nov 3, 2018
The kid looks so great out there that I'm not surpried at the results, but let's not forget Matthews finished 2nd in the NHL for goals as a 19 year old rookie and basically has the same statline as Petterson this season in 1 more game and a period, neither of which they will maintain. He looks like a smarter player I'll give him that, but so are quite a few other guys that aren't better because physically Auston is a beast.

That's why he's always injured....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad