• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
MacKinnon is not a better player than Matthews. He has better linemates though. Imagine Pettersson with Ranta n Landy, just imagine. I think we’re talking ~10 more points by now. EP’s linemates have been god awful for the majority of the season. Not to talk about the (non)puckmoving Dmen with Edler and Tanev out...
He absolutely is.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
Matthews is the safer pick, but I'm happy to gamble on Pettersson's talent. A lot of people said that he was the best player not in the NHL last year, and it looks like they're right. Also, the Canucks don't strike me as a very good team, plus two of their best defensemen are injured right now, so he's getting things done without support from any elite levels of talent.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Matthews is the safer pick, but I'm happy to gamble on Pettersson's talent. A lot of people said that he was the best player not in the NHL last year, and it looks like they're right. Also, the Canucks don't strike me as a very good team, plus two of their best defensemen are injured right now, so he's getting things done without support from any elite levels of talent.

How is Matthews safe? He's nowhere near his ceiling

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
How is Matthews safe? He's nowhere near his ceiling

He's the safer pick in this case because he's already established himself as an elite NHL player. It's possible that Pettersson is just on some kind of a hot streak, or just playing on adrenaline from just starting his NHL career (though I don't think that's the case).

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
Hopefully both players will be in their respective lineups when the teams play each other next year.

I also want Pettersson to light up the Leafs goalie. Then I want the reaction from the Leafs superfans.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
The kid looks so great out there that I'm not surpried at the results, but let's not forget Matthews finished 2nd in the NHL for goals as a 19 year old rookie and basically has the same statline as Petterson this season in 1 more game and a period, neither of which they will maintain. He looks like a smarter player I'll give him that, but so are quite a few other guys that aren't better because physically Auston is a beast.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
MacKinnon is not a better player than Matthews. He has better linemates though. Imagine Pettersson with Ranta n Landy, just imagine. I think we’re talking ~10 more points by now. EP’s linemates have been god awful for the majority of the season. Not to talk about the (non)puckmoving Dmen with Edler and Tanev out...

He is absolutely on the same level as Matthews and watching Nate yesterday he is one of the most dynamic centres in the western conference. Easily in the same sentence as Matthews. He single handidly almost beat us but pettersson saved is.

Btw eps linemates are not awful. He’s had boeser for like 4 games now.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
COULD be a streak? Pettersson is shooting like 40% lol

That may be, but before last night his linemates have been flubbing a lot of his fantastic feeds too, so even though his goals will go down his assists will increase. Especially if Boeser is finally back to his old self all those would-be assists will start to become real ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad