Player Discussion Auston Matthews Discussion

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Habs fan here. Hope he gets 70 goals! Seriously.
I’m surprised by my Hab fan co-workers, they all hope we fail miserably in the PO but they sincerely hope he gets 70. I think it’s something that transends usual club divisions. It’s a once in a generation milestone. Every fan of hockey can appreciate it.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
There is still a game left..?

Call it a reverse jinx, but I'd put a happiness hedge on not getting to 70.

All those bad bounces, near misses and bad PP's in the Florida game, the way that goal was messing up the flow of the offense in the third period vs Detroit and in Florida, the moment has passed. Matthews stays at 69 goals (and Nylander finishes under 100 points).

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
He will probably play. 70 Is different than say chasing 100 points or 40 goals. It doesn't matter whether he hits it or not, but it has been a distraction even if Matthews doesn't want it to be.

Win a Cup please. That is all. Cups are forever and shared by millions for years. Individual stats are forgotten. Does anybody mention Bernie Nichols one big season for goals? I see the Lemieux and Gretzky playoff highlights though and raising the Cup...

Reactions: SwissLeaf

TonsofPuppies

Send in the clowns...
Jun 28, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Wondering what you guys think of playoff Matty tonight? Looks real good out there. If I had to describe Matthews in a singular way, it would be... "the antithesis of Jonathan Toews".

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
He's a great hockey player, but he has no soul.
This is the stuff I've been frustrated with and tonight is no different. Being completely honest, he was 100% irrelevant tonight. That's unacceptable. We're missing Nylander, going up against a heated rival, and he looked like it was an exhibition game. This simply cannot happen.

Reactions: 56 Years No Cup

TonsofPuppies

Send in the clowns...
Jun 28, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
This is the stuff I've been frustrated with and tonight is no different. Being completely honest, he was 100% irrelevant tonight. That's unacceptable. We're missing Nylander, going up against a heated rival, and he looked like it was an exhibition game. This simply cannot happen.
And yet, it always does. Guy hasn't won a thing in his f***ing life. A career loser like his mentor, Patrick Marleau.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I can't understand Matthews or this team. Every flippin year.

Seems like Matthews just can't handle the big moments that well. The 69-to-70 goal pursuit went from a coronation to an insurmountable mountain, and it looks like he's in his playoff form now, getting looks, pressing, but nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad