Namba 17

May 9, 2011
nicklaslidstrom.jpg

NICKLAS LIDSTROM

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Lidstrom is a great pick. One of my favorite all time defenders. The only real knock on him is he wasn't physical. Other than that, he was great to elite in everything.

Reactions: Aja

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I am torned between two guys.Especially about the consequences later on that each of them brings, more than a pure comparison.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I prefer Harvey over Bourque because he can play the right side. He's just more flexible that way, and I think that's important.

For my money, Harvey is the best player in the ATD relative to draft position.

Bourque usually played RD. As did Harvey at even strength (though Harvey usually played LD on the PK).

Reactions: Aja and BenchBrawl

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Bourque usually played RD. As did Harvey at even strength (though Harvey usually played LD on the PK).

IIRC Harvey also played LD at the beginning of his career when paired with (censored).I think Canadiens1958 also said Harvey would switch side depending on where the top winger is.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Personally, I have always found Lidstrom a little overrated (theres one or two guys I would taken before him for instance) especially when the trophy counting comes into play.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I don't think Lidstrom is overrated at all. His game isn't flashy or physical. He was just so damn good at all the little nuances of the game. He was a subtle superstar. His Norris record is amazing, he contributed greatly to multiple Cup wins. If anything I think he may be slightly underappreciated. Just my .02 of course!

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
Whenever Lidstrom was on the ice, I said "the other team won't score". Very few players, let alone defensemen in history could elicit that response from me.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Not sure if I’m to make the pick or if we’re waiting to see if Bluebull is going to show up. I’m ready, just heading to work soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad