A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Review of where we stand

number of teams: 25
team number desired: 28

At least a couple of GMs have liked so far:

Deadline to join: Tuesday
Day to set draft order: Wednesday (spits?)
Draft begins: next Saturday, March 28th (noon?)

Administrator: EagleBelfour (pitseleh willing to use MOD powers to co-administer, modify eaglebelfour's first page list to help update it?) (GBC could co-administer but would only work well if a mod joined him)

Divisional alignment: the BALANCED approach of dividing up champions, newbies, veterans and tweaking the remainder

time clock:
1st round = 24 hours
2nd round = 18 hours
3rd-8th = 12 hours
9th-16th = 8 hours
17th-24th = 6 hours

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
ok, we do have an administrator...excellent. Let the games begin. And in that spirit:

Movement to change EagleBelfour's name to Eagle******* until said not-to-be-mentioned goalie is drafted. All in favour?

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
So why you don't want to be the administrator of the ATD VanI. You're the perfect candidate and I could sure help you if you needed some help.
Two reasons actually:

1) I don't wanna BURNOUT. Gotta pace myself for future MLD administrations ;)
2) I want the responsibility if it comes with the power, as Spidey's uncle said, they come together. I want time period requirements and you guys don't. Fine. The same-old, same-old it will be then. I won't bust my butt doing extra work then. I'll just be one of the guys. It's a pretty simple feeling.

I am an INTP on the Myers-Briggs personality type index, if any of you have taken that. An INTP (introverted, intuitive, thinking, perceiver) is by personality type interested in policy and procedures and in making order out of chaos. My university degree in philosophy (ethics) tried to do that but my years of journalism in Canada and teaching ESL in Korea has certainly appealed to yet challenged my personality type, as has the MLDs.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
I have no problem being the administrator. My role will mainly be to update the first post with the picks selection and trades. My only requirement is that I AM NOT the one selecting the draft order. Just send me the results when it's done, and I'll create the thread.

I'll use the same format as BM67 used last draft (where is he BTW?). I won't go crazy as FissionFire did a couple of ATD'S ago :)

Review of where we stand

Administrator: EagleBelfour (pitseleh willing to use MOD powers to co-administer, modify eaglebelfour's first page list to help update it?) (GBC could co-administer but would only work well if a mod joined him)

Divisional alignment: the BALANCED approach of dividing up champions, newbies, veterans and tweaking the remainder

time clock:
1st round = 24 hours
2nd round = 18 hours
3rd-8th = 12 hours
9th-16th = 8 hours
17th-24th = 6 hours

All fine by me.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
While we may have no time period requirements, I certainly will be considering whether teams have players from different eras. Newbies especially take note: It’s really hard to ice an all-time competitive team with a line-up made up of three or four eras.

Pre-NHL era (up to 1916):
Early NHL era (1917-1941):
Original Six era (1942-1966):
Expansion era (1967-1979):
High Flying era (1980-1994):
Dead Puck era (1995-2004):
New era (2005 to date):
European non-NHL:

AlanHoff

Sep 26, 2008
i'll do it again...i actually forgot that this might be coming up soon...The Philadelphia Blazers were upset w/ the city and have relocated to another area...If there is room in the draft still, I would love to be in...city/logo to be revealed in a weekend press conference...

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
i'll do it again...i actually forgot that this might be coming up soon...The Philadelphia Blazers were upset w/ the city and have relocated to another area...If there is room in the draft still, I would love to be in...city/logo to be revealed in a weekend press conference...

You're in! Welcome aboard. Two teams still needed.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
26 teams and growing...

pitseleh - Nanaimo Clippers
DoMakc - Kilkenny Bustards
spitfire11 - Detroit Red Wings
papershoes - Kenora Thistles
Hedberg - Victoria Salmon Kings
Jungosi - Wacken Warriors

Evil Speaker & Sturminator - Boston Bruins
Reds4Life- Trinec Steelers
VanIslander & Hockey Outsider - Thunder Bay Twins
chaosrevolver & Boootthh - Team Soviet Union
shawnmullin - Trail Smoke Eaters
Leopold Stotch - Boston Braves

EagleBelfour - Detroit Falcons
CanadiensFan - Montreal Canadiens
Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs
nik jr. - lada togliatti
Nalyd Psycho - Minnesota Fighting Saints
seventieslord & vancityluongo - name TBA
ChampagneWishes - Killarney Country Bear Jamboree

ToskaLOL - Glace Bay Miners
Mr. Bugg - Kimberley Dynamiters
GodBlessCanada & raleh - name TBA
camperjr - Edmonton Oilers
arrbez - Inglewood Jacks
Kyle McMahon - Hampton Roads Admirals
AllanHoff - team TBA

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
Review of where we stand

time clock:
1st round = 24 hours
2nd round = 18 hours
3rd-8th = 12 hours
9th-16th = 8 hours
17th-24th = 6 hours

Sounds good to me.

I can do modly editing of the main page. I just can't be the only guy or the go-to guy because I'm on during non-peak hours.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I can do modly editing of the main page. I just can't be the only guy or the go-to guy because I'm on during non-peak hours.
great :handclap:

Between Eaglebelfour's regular hours updates and Nalyd Psycho's non-peak late night updates via his MOD powers to edit EB's post.... we'll have a constantly updated first page draft list :)

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
great :handclap:

Between Eaglebelfour's regular hours updates and Nalyd Psycho's non-peak late night updates via his MOD powers to edit EB's post.... we'll have a constantly updated first page draft list :)

I have far from a regular schedule though. I'm working 32 hours between 7AM and 21PM any days of the week. But I'm sure we'll cover most of the week together. I'm also there late at night as you see.

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
I'm glad to see that we're shooting for 28 teams again. I like that number - didn't want contraction to 24 and I like the fact that regular season winners get a first round bye, as it makes the regular season truly worth something.

Don't give a damn about the divisional alignments. There is no easy road to the finals in the ATD.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
There were three past GMs I personally really hoped would join, and Wisent is one of them! Friggin' awesome! :yo: Made my day.

27 teams and growing... (ONE MORE SPOT OPEN)

Jim Robson division:

pitseleh - Nanaimo Clippers
DoMakc - Kilkenny Bustards
spitfire11 - Detroit Red Wings
papershoes - Kenora Thistles
Hedberg - Victoria Salmon Kings
Jungosi - Wacken Warriors
Insert Last Team Here

Foster Hewitt division:

Evil Speaker & Sturminator - Boston Bruins
Reds4Life- Trinec Steelers
VanIslander & Hockey Outsider - Thunder Bay Twins
chaosrevolver & Boootthh - Team Soviet Union
shawnmullin - Trail Smoke Eaters
Leopold Stotch - Boston Braves
Wisent - Anyang Halla

Bob Cole division:

EagleBelfour - Detroit Falcons
CanadiensFan - Montreal Canadiens
Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs
nik jr. - lada togliatti
Nalyd Psycho - Minnesota Fighting Saints
seventieslord & vancityluongo - name TBA
ChampagneWishes - Killarney Country Bear Jamboree

René Lecavalier division:

ToskaLOL - Glace Bay Miners
Mr. Bugg - Kimberley Dynamiters
GodBlessCanada & raleh - name TBA
camperjr - Edmonton Oilers
arrbez - Inglewood Jacks
Kyle McMahon - Hampton Roads Admirals
AllanHoff - team TBA

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I say we should expand to 32 if and only if at least three of the following take teams:

reckoning
kruezer
Evil Sather
pappyline
BM67
Pwnasaurus
JimEIV
Agent Dale Cooper
Rick Middleton
Murphy
LAXAttack
JohnFlyersFan
Blue Bleeder
Frightened Inmate#2
LapierreSports
pnep
HankyFourFingers

It would be just WRONG not to include them if they sign up before the Tuesday deadline.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I say we should expand to 32 if and only if at least three of the following take teams:

reckoning
kruezer
Evil Sather
pappyline
BM67
Pwnasaurus
JimEIV
Agent Dale Cooper
Rick Middleton
Murphy
LAXAttack
JohnFlyersFan
Blue Bleeder
Frightened Inmate#2
LapierreSports
pnep
HankyFourFingers

It would be just WRONG not to include them if they sign up before the Tuesday deadline.

Murphy hasn't been around for a few weeks, and as I mentioned before, he's usually pretty busy at this time of year.

I'd love to see HFF or #66 back, but I think their days in the ATD are done. pwnasaurus said last draft would be his last.

kruez and pappy have said they won't be in this time, and I know that reckoning won't be able to do it this time.

Glad to see AHoff back again. Thrilled to see Wisent back again. As I've always said, outside of pappy, I've learned more from Wiser than anyone else.

Last edited:

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I have two concerns with my admin abilities:

1) I'm just a little absent-minded. My memory and communication abilities are as good as anyone you'll ever meet, but as I'm sure you've all noticed, sometimes I make those silly little mistakes. Could be an issue updating the thread after trades.

2) I have my price....

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I'm glad to see that we're shooting for 28 teams again. I like that number - didn't want contraction to 24 and I like the fact that regular season winners get a first round bye, as it makes the regular season truly worth something.

Don't give a damn about the divisional alignments. There is no easy road to the finals in the ATD.
Well, with 24, it would mean that first and second would get first round byes, but for once, we agree. With 28 teams, first place in the division means something. Granted, when it was 32 teams, the eighth place teams were pretty much pushovers, but it meant they still had to play games in the first round. With 28 teams, they get that first round bye, and a team in Round 2 that just played a tough six or seven-game series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad