ATD 11 sign-up notice and call for administrators

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The 11th installment of the all-time draft should probably get going by the end of the month.

(1) It needs an administrator(s). BM67 and John Flyers Fan have done it well in the past. Will either of them step up and claim their rightful claim to it? If not them, then certainly someone who can commit to being here twice a day at least. Having one admin be a mod helps because they can edit the first page of the non-mod. (I won't do it because you guys want the same old, same old and that means some teams are very modern and others very very old era. I think it's about time that every damn team in an ALL-time draft have a player from EVERY decade of professional hockey. But that's just me.)

(2) Past GMs need to be PM'd invites to ATD11. Whomever admins should do this as it sure has helped boost participation in the past.

(3) A date needs to be set for it to begin. By the end of March/beginning of April if there's any hope of finishing the draft by the end of the NHL playoffs in June.

I will now step aside and let you guys sort things out.

Last edited:

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I'll be a part of it, of course. And if nobody steps up, I'd be willing to help with the administration, since I can access HF when I'm working in Estevan. (But not in Weyburn).

I think it's important, with the ATD, to keep the rules as simple as possible, the restrictions as minimal as possible. We have a great thing going with the ATD. A great collection of hockey minds who celebrate the sport's history. I see no reason to tinker with what has worked so well.

(Note: being administrator of this thing, or running the draft board, should be easy this time, since VanI promised last draft not to do any trades in ATD 11).

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
(Note: being administrator of this thing, or running the draft board, should be easy this time, since VanI promised last draft not to do any trades in ATD 11).

Damn, the workload will be cut in half! (I'm probably the other half, but anyway :))

Again, I'm still very much against having an obligation to select a player from every ERA. Anyway, with 28 to 32 GM's, some of us like old timers, some of us he 42-67 ERA and some prefer modern players. At the end, 95% of whom should be selected in the ATD are selected, which I think it's the most important thing. Whoever owns them is not of importance.

Call me old fashion, and absolutely nothing against the other GM's who have run the draft, but it's classic to have BM67 to run this thing. In ATD#9, FissionFire have done a crazy job too, so if he comes back for another go, I wouldn't mind if he update the main page. Anyway, a GM commited ot the work would do the work.

And yes, the Detroit Falcons will be back for another edition (already my 5th time, time goes by ...)

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
e6841376dc.jpg

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Alright well after a peptalk from VanI...and considering I just like having fun when building a team...we will be the........

Soviet Union
2006-12-09-ussr.jpg

20070126hockey.jpg

challengecup2.jpg

Wikipedia said:
The Soviets were one of the most dominant teams of all time in international play. The team won nearly every world championships and Olympic tournament between 1954 and 1991 held by the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF).

*19 World Championship Gold Medals
* 7 Olympic Gold Medals

And yes...most of our players...and our style of play will be reminiscent of Soviet hockey.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Well. After the great experience in MLD10 and AAA10, the sourness is gone... mostly. I'll join again. Co-Gm status, team location, and name TBA.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
If you guys don't mind a rookie, I'd like to participate.

Rookies are an important part of the process.

But, I warn you.

1) We can sometimes be a bit mean in the proceedings, we get passionate about this. (Hopefully you will be too.)

2) Don't take it the wrong way if you are low in the standings at the end.

3) This is time and work intensive. It may seem like a fun little lark, but, once you get into it you realize it can be a drain. But, an awesomely fun drain.

Hope you enjoy.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
Rookies are an important part of the process.

But, I warn you.

1) We can sometimes be a bit mean in the proceedings, we get passionate about this. (Hopefully you will be too.)

2) Don't take it the wrong way if you are low in the standings at the end.

3) This is time and work intensive. It may seem like a fun little lark, but, once you get into it you realize it can be a drain. But, an awesomely fun drain.

Hope you enjoy.

You didn't talk about the initiation, didn't you? Let just say it involve nakedness and a broom ....

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Nalyd, that one from EB was taken straight from McGill Redmen archives. I'd gladly choose naked curling over it.

I'm skipping the ATD.
Drat, buddy. It won't be the same without you.

DoMakc, welcome to the club. But a word of caution: if we don't embarrass the new guy once or twice, it's really bad for our society.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
If you need me I could help out, but I don't have access to the internet at work so I wouldn't exactly be useful. And god only knows what trouble I could get into with even the slightest amount of power around these parts...

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
we have one willing co-administrator (GBC),
no mod willing to co-admin yet,

I have no desire to administrate again. Running the playoffs last time was not a fun experience for me. But, if a non-mod is running the show and needs a mod to take care of the modly stuff like stickying and closing threads, I'm always available for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad