Speculation: At what point will MB fire a member of the coaching staff?

habitue*

Berger needs a whole new management staff, fire everyone and get a new group of his buddies in there.

Makes no sense. He's got exactly the staff that he wants and needs.

The team ON THE ICE, is the one that must perform better, starting with PK and Patches, two guys with an "A" on their jersey.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Sometime before Christmas. According to posts by a few posters in the PGT, it sounds like as bad as Gionta and Gorges were on the ice, their leadership did account for at least something in the room, as they were apparently the "glue that kept the team together" in the dark stretches on January and February.

We don't really have any "glue" players like that who will stick up for Therrien and unite the troops. The split room rumor gives the perception that most of our apparent leaders this year are already against Therrien.

The team honestly looks done with MT, and I think he knows it to. He sounded honestly terrified in his post game comments. He's been through teams that have given up on him twice before and knows what the writing on the wall looks like. Like Nilan said, he's coaching to not get fired, just like he was doing last season during the teams losing streaks, and that never ends well. Coaching to "not lose" is always a recipe for disaster.

This team needs a players coach in order to help develop our youth and unite the team, not a hard ass old fashion coach. Therrien was brought in to change the culture of the team to one of hard work and pride. Job done, now move on to a coach who can get the most out of this team.

The Gionta/Gorges hole is becoming apparent...

Interesting theory.

Entirely plausible too...

hardcorehabs

Feb 9, 2013
Saskatchewan

Interesting theory.

Ridiculous. Gorges maybe. Gionta is brutal and in no way would he be helping this team right now.

If there's any kind of theory, it's that now that the core is taking leadership roles, maybe they want a new voice and finally have the power to overthrow the coach. I know ridiculous too, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these guys are sick of therrien and the way he does things.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I just noticed... WhiskeySeven is Whiskey + seven up? mind = blown
It's literally the most covert girly drink ever. It tastes like candy and gets you properly ****ed up.

Nah, he needs 7 whiskey shots in the morning to stop the tremors sufficiently to get in his car and drive to school.
There was a time in my very early 20s where I drank a lot, yes. Now... I still drink a lot but not as proudly.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
It's literally the most covert girly drink ever. It tastes like candy and gets you properly ****ed up.

There was a time in my very early 20s where I drank a lot, yes. Now... I still drink a lot but not as proudly.

To the former I'd say that any whiskey not called rye becomes an abomination when mixed with soda pop.

To the latter I'd reply, I know exactly what you're saying.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo

You always make me laugh, and strangely want a glass of 18 or 25 year old McCallan.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Sometime before Christmas. According to posts by a few posters in the PGT, it sounds like as bad as Gionta and Gorges were on the ice, their leadership did account for at least something in the room, as they were apparently the "glue that kept the team together" in the dark stretches on January and February.

We don't really have any "glue" players like that who will stick up for Therrien and unite the troops. The split room rumor gives the perception that most of our apparent leaders this year are already against Therrien.

The team honestly looks done with MT, and I think he knows it to. He sounded honestly terrified in his post game comments. He's been through teams that have given up on him twice before and knows what the writing on the wall looks like. Like Nilan said, he's coaching to not get fired, just like he was doing last season during the teams losing streaks, and that never ends well. Coaching to "not lose" is always a recipe for disaster.

This team needs a players coach in order to help develop our youth and unite the team, not a hard ass old fashion coach. Therrien was brought in to change the culture of the team to one of hard work and pride. Job done, now move on to a coach who can get the most out of this team.

actually most people who said they (gionta and gorges) were important for the leadership they brought were mostly ridiculed here.

random quotes
If in the next few days Bergevins does nothing but not sign Gionta, I'll be a happy camper. Time to move on from this weak leadership era.

He's useless both as a offensive forward and a leader. I've called out his leadership style as being simple, but not very effective.

plek is a troll. trolls everyone, everywhere. markov is not outspoken, pk is pk, not a lot of experienced vets left. malholtra is nice, but he's new. we knew there were going to be growing pains and maybe this is just a part of it and they'll snap out of it soon and everyone will be back to ******** rainbows, or maybe this is it and were gonna have a new coach soon and probably miss the playoffs too.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
What players have regressed rapidly?

Since Therrien has taken over pretty much every top young player on the team has made big strides...Subban Pacioretty Galchenyuk Gallagher Price

Who has regressed? Moen? Prust? Bourque?

Subban has regressed since his Norris campaign, wherein his style differed substantially.

Paiocretty practically carried the team offensively. How exactly do you credit anything on Therrien when Patches is maligned by the anchor that is Desharnais

Galchenyuk is woefully missed used, while Gallagher suffered a production decline last season based on his pace.

Last edited:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Subban has regressed since his Norris campaign, wherein his style differed substantially.

Paiocretty practically carried the team offensively. How exactly do you credit anything on Therrien when Patches is maligned by the anchor that is Desharnais

Galchenyuk is woefully missed, while Gallagher suffered a production decline last season based on his pace.

Not sure where you get Subban regressing last year. He put up 53 points and was a force at playoff time. He's had a rough start this year, it happens to all players, it's called a slump not regression.

Pacioretty developed into a 39 goal scorer with MT as coach...again, moronic to call that regression. I have never heard Desharnais malign Pacioretty, you must be imagining stuff, even if he did what does that have to do with MT and Pacioretty regressing?

Galchenyuk has been one of our best players so far this year, if you missed him you're obviously doing something other than watching hockey when the Habs are playing. :facepalm:

Gallagher put up 41 points at 21...like Subban he's had a bit of a slump to start the year, doesn't equate to regression in any way, he's getting the chances but snake bitten.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Not sure where you get Subban regressing last year. He put up 53 points and was a force at playoff time. He's had a rough start this year, it happens to all players, it's called a slump not regression.

Pacioretty developed into a 39 goal scorer with MT as coach...again, moronic to call that regression. I have never heard Desharnais malign Pacioretty, you must be imagining stuff, even if he did what does that have to do with MT and Pacioretty regressing?

Galchenyuk has been one of our best players so far this year, if you missed him you're obviously doing something other than watching hockey when the Habs are playing. :facepalm:

Gallagher put up 41 points at 21...like Subban he's had a bit of a slump to start the year, doesn't equate to regression in any way, he's getting the chances but snake bitten.

Subban has no interest in playing for this coach.
Pacioretty has developed into a selfish rat.
Gallagher looks like he's done in!
Chucky is MT's next project.

There is sooo much more we could get into but you getting the picture?
We are right on course.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

I said since his Norris campaign. Points are not the only indication of success. Sure, Subban came alive in the playoffs, but he was struggling last season too.

Pacioretty has to carry Desharnais. It has been dissected countless times he is what drives that line. We have a better alternative, we're just choosing not to utilize it.

41 points while playing on his off position. How about we develop him at center? No, we have to make room for precious Desharnais. Galchenyuk should have been getting ample powerplay time (as a center), along with better linemates. He hasn't until this year, though we are still not using him properly.

He was on pace to surpass 50 the year prior, was far more aggressive on the puck and at creating plays than he is now. In fact, I dare say he's starting to puck hog because of a certain center.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Unfortunately, MT will be behind the bench as long as MB is the GM. Bergevin stressed many times about stability "behind the bench".

Not sure how people can say that. Believe me if we start to tank he'll be fired without hesitation. This isn't the mickey mouse club it's a hockey team. Right now truthfully there's just no reason to panic so obviously nobody is going to get fired, but if the team starts to play badly for a long stretch of course he'll be fired.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007

Interesting theory.

C'Mon Gionta? The guy has 1 assist in 13 games playing lots of minutes on the PP. He's finished... Unless you're just talking about his leadership.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Habs went to conference finals last year and they're 1st in the east this year... Some guys are just never happy no matter what
Haven't you noticed the slow leak in all four tires? See if your points are still valid next week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad