Speculation: At what point will MB fire a member of the coaching staff?

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Habs went to conference finals last year and they're 1st in the east this year... Some guys are just never happy no matter what

The Leafs were looking real good yet missed the playoffs. All their underlying metrics were wrong. They collapsed... The fact we're 24th in the NHL in Goals For/Game is not reassuring.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Never. We're stuck with Therrien and co. till the end of time.

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
Yeah Therrien might be here through 2020.

God no! You mean 6 more years of reading the ever original and enlightening "I think MT is an imbecile" post? Some of you must have posted 10-20 such posts, with seriously little more content than that, since last game alone. I get being critical, but this is ridiculous. And I'm not so sure it's terribly healthy to obsess this much over one human being; some of you have been spewing MT hate nonstop for nearly two days! And, God forbid, anyone dare suggest in any way, shape, or form something remotely positive about MT and they're drowned in a pool of posts highlighting MT's nincompoopery. What kind of life is this? We should just change the name of the forum from the Montreal Canadiens to the Michelle Therrien *****fest Board, as the latter, I think most would agree, more aptly captures the theme of most threads and posts to be found here.

Though the only hope for a reprieve is nothing short a perfect game, at least a win (likely where we go even up) will quell the MT poopstorm somewhat. So come on boys, help some of us fans out here - play your nuts off!

(cowering before the onslaught of the MT lynch mob)

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
As much as I'd like to see some heads roll I do not think it will happen. Someone should be brought in for the PP though, for the players we can ice, it is beyond pathetic.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I doubt he's allowed to talk about it.

My educated guess is that it involves a bottle of Jack Daniels and a keyboard.

I figured as much. My question was rhetorical.

Whatever it was, at least he can still post.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And even better, it's not like W7 is drinking and driving. He's just drinking and posting. For our entertainment.

And for his own upward mobility. He was mentioning yesterday how he wanted to start a sports and lifestyle podcast.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Hate JJ the most as the defense pairings are usually awful, Subban has regressed, Emelin regressing, Tinner and NB stuck in neutral.

I'd wager it wasn't only Therrien in love with Bou Bou and Murray

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
When a team is co/leading their Conference, it's not likely, especially when Barry Trotz is copying the moves the Habs used against Calgary tonight.:shakehead

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
I think only if we fall below 500 and still don't climb out of the slump for an extended period of time following that, mix in a player speaking out about the coach not relating to the group anymore and the city of Montreal calling for his head, all at the same time.

habitue*

If we put up an eight-game losing streak, I'd guess somebody gets fired, but maybe not Therrien

Who then ? I never saw an assistant coach being fired because of a bad streak. Oups,... Sorry, i just remembered about Jacques Martin assistant three seasons ago.

And MT is there until the club will do very bad over a prolonged period. /years.

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
I don't think you're capable of it.

As you're incapable of seeing reality? Using reason and logic? Being remotely positive? Touché my friend, touché...

Now you see where that lil biatchy attitude got you? Such expressions of personal discontent can lead to no good. I think we're both better than that.

Anyways, don't mind me. I'm no threat to your Therrien defamation campaign. It's just after wading through a sea of MT discontent, I feel compelled (more out of annoyance than anything) to rail against it: I post, get it out of my system, then feel better... until the next wave that is!

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
The PP is brutal, despite having some talented players.

The lineup decisions are questionable.

At what point does Marc Bergevin make some coaching heads roll?

When the team falls to .500?
When the team falls out of a playoff spot?
When Sekac quits the Habs?

As everyone knows, the hot start has masked some serious problems.

This question is a bit of a farce at this stage of the season. Despite some bumps on the road, it is far from time to panic….

PricePkPatch*

God no! You mean 6 more years of reading the ever original and enlightening "I think MT is an imbecile" post? Some of you must have posted 10-20 such posts, with seriously little more content than that, since last game alone. I get being critical, but this is ridiculous. And I'm not so sure it's terribly healthy to obsess this much over one human being; some of you have been spewing MT hate nonstop for nearly two days! And, God forbid, anyone dare suggest in any way, shape, or form something remotely positive about MT and they're drowned in a pool of posts highlighting MT's nincompoopery. What kind of life is this? We should just change the name of the forum from the Montreal Canadiens to the Michelle Therrien *****fest Board, as the latter, I think most would agree, more aptly captures the theme of most threads and posts to be found here.

Though the only hope for a reprieve is nothing short a perfect game, at least a win (likely where we go even up) will quell the MT poopstorm somewhat. So come on boys, help some of us fans out here - play your nuts off!

(cowering before the onslaught of the MT lynch mob)

That would only lead the haters to claim it is the Players who are outperforming despite their coach, not the Coach's fault.

Basically, everything bad is the fault of the coach. Everything good is because of player performance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad