Speculation: At what point will MB fire a member of the coaching staff?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
The PP is brutal, despite having some talented players.

The lineup decisions are questionable.

At what point does Marc Bergevin make some coaching heads roll?

When the team falls to .500?
When the team falls out of a playoff spot?
When Sekac quits the Habs?

As everyone knows, the hot start has masked some serious problems.

The team is 1st place overall, I doubt Bergevin I even in the process of starting to consider thinking about firing anybody.

The PP should be easier to fix going forward, the season started with two long road trips, so not a ton of practice time.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
My guess is MB would be the kind of guy who'd have one hell of a meeting with his coaching staff before making any move. The kind of meetings where the talk is getting loud and the message is clear.

Saintpatrick*

Not soon enough everyone except Waite needs to be shown the door and sooner rather than later. Some players have regressed rapidly with Therrien and I don't trust him with one of our best assets Galchenyuk.

The PP has been hot garbage for most of last season and all of this season

The D is atrocious and it's even effected PK's play. Daignault needs to go ASAP

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Not soon enough everyone except Waite needs to be shown the door and sooner rather than later. Some players have regressed rapidly with Therrien and I don't trust him with one of our best assets Galchenyuk.

The PP has been hot garbage for most of last season and all of this season

The D is atrocious and it's even spread to PK now Daignault needs to go

What players have regressed rapidly?

Since Therrien has taken over pretty much every top young player on the team has made big strides...Subban Pacioretty Galchenyuk Gallagher Price

Who has regressed? Moen? Prust? Bourque?

Saintpatrick*

Since Therrien has taken over pretty much every top young player on the team has made big strides...Subban Pacioretty Galchenyuk Gallagher Price

So far all of them except for Price this year probably because he's coached by Waite

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
I'd love to see Daigneault get the boot. Don't know the guy but he seems like an arrogant ***** the way he carries himself.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
The team is 1st place overall, I doubt Bergevin I even in the process of starting to consider thinking about firing anybody.

The PP should be easier to fix going forward, the season started with two long road trips, so not a ton of practice time.

I guess you missed last season? ;)

Just need to go back to around November last season where Habs had a similar 10 game streak where they just couldn't lose. What followed was a ~30 game stretch until the trade deadline where Habs were well under .500 winning% wise. People kept pointing how high the Habs were in the standings until just like that they were falling close to the bubble teams. Luckily, they made a few moves that got them on another hot streak just in time for playoffs. link: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/team_results.php?tid=45&sid=2014
Notice Habs were 35-25-7 at one point despite being 19-9-3 32 games into season.

Powerplay has been bad for a while now outside a hot start in 13/14 as well. There is a lot of similar tendencies from last season in setup that strongly suggests similar coaching staff members are running it.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'd love to see Daigneault get the boot. Don't know the guy but he seems like an arrogant ***** the way he carries himself.

JJ's hairline begins where his eyebrows end. Bob, I think you're just a jealous, bald old coop. ;)

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
At what point will we stop pretending a good start to the season point wise means Therrien is a good coach? We have scored the first goal once all year and have been outplayed all but a couple games.

Fire Everyone

Especially you
May 17, 2006

Subban has regressed significantly defensively.

Pacioretty has improved a bit.

Therrien has little to nothing to do with Price's play.

Gallagher and Galchenyuk were playing junior hockey before Therrien came along. Galchenyuk's progression is simply a result of getting older, but he's being held back by the fact that he's being forced to play his worst position for the third consecutive year. Gallagher has never been as bad as he is now.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
After tonight's display, he probably wants to set fire to coaching staff as opposed to simply firing them.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Lure Pearn back from Vancouver then fire him again for cosmetic effect

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Alternatives to firing MT (for the moment)

step one: Fire JJD (warning shot for Therrien)
step two:Waive/trade/pressbox Bourque & Play Sekac (infringing on the coach's responsibilities whether he likes it or not)
step three: give him an ultimatum about his firing and start looking for replacements regardless

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Sometime before Christmas. According to posts by a few posters in the PGT, it sounds like as bad as Gionta and Gorges were on the ice, their leadership did account for at least something in the room, as they were apparently the "glue that kept the team together" in the dark stretches on January and February.

We don't really have any "glue" players like that who will stick up for Therrien and unite the troops. The split room rumor gives the perception that most of our apparent leaders this year are already against Therrien.

The team honestly looks done with MT, and I think he knows it to. He sounded honestly terrified in his post game comments. He's been through teams that have given up on him twice before and knows what the writing on the wall looks like. Like Nilan said, he's coaching to not get fired, just like he was doing last season during the teams losing streaks, and that never ends well. Coaching to "not lose" is always a recipe for disaster.

This team needs a players coach in order to help develop our youth and unite the team, not a hard ass old fashion coach. Therrien was brought in to change the culture of the team to one of hard work and pride. Job done, now move on to a coach who can get the most out of this team.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Sometime before Christmas. According to posts by a few posters in the PGT, it sounds like as bad as Gionta and Gorges were on the ice, their leadership did account for at least something in the room, as they were apparently the "glue that kept the team together" in the dark stretches on January and February.

We don't really have any "glue" players like that who will stick up for Therrien and unite the troops. The split room rumor gives the perception that most of our apparent leaders this year are already against Therrien.

The team honestly looks done with MT, and I think he knows it to. He sounded honestly terrified in his post game comments. He's been through teams that have given up on him twice before and knows what the writing on the wall looks like. Like Nilan said, he's coaching to not get fired, just like he was doing last season during the teams losing streaks, and that never ends well. Coaching to "not lose" is always a recipe for disaster.

This team needs a players coach in order to help develop our youth and unite the team, not a hard ass old fashion coach. Therrien was brought in to change the culture of the team to one of hard work and pride. Job done, now move on to a coach who can get the most out of this team.

He should be terrified, because this is his last NHL job, I believe. Hopefully MB can rid the team of the gangrene sooner rather than later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad