Prospect Info: At 9th Overall the Detroit Red Wings Select Michael Rasmussen

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Detroit coach Derek Lalonde said after the game that assistant coach Alex Tanguay had been pushing to want to see Rasmussen (who is a natural center but has played both forward positions in the NHL) on the wing, and Wednesday’s results validated that.
Alex Tanguay after the game
1671736243078.png

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
55 pages and we finally get some positive comments for Raz!😀
Relax, it's only one game. Doubt he can score 4 pts every game, and if he does then I will go shoot and eat an actual crow and provide graphic photos. (Crows are legal to hunt where I live)

I'm glad to see the improvements, and this summer he'll get to work more on stick handling and shooting instead of skate work. He needs to be able to stick handle without looking at the puck so he can keep his head up, and work on his own version of the Perron snap shot to the top corner.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Well , they put him where he belongs, top 6 wings, he also our best puck one touch net redirecting. Just keep him there . His main job should create space for more skilled players, bring physical game, net front

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Relax, it's only one game. Doubt he can score 4 pts every game, and if he does then I will go shoot and eat an actual crow and provide graphic photos. (Crows are legal to hunt where I live)

I'm glad to see the improvements, and this summer he'll get to work more on stick handling and shooting instead of skate work. He needs to be able to stick handle without looking at the puck so he can keep his head up, and work on his own version of the Perron snap shot to the top corner.
Larkin makes other players look good?
Well , they put him where he belongs, top 6 wings, he also our best puck one touch net redirecting. Just keep him there . His main job should create space for more skilled players, bring physical game, net front
This means
Larkin
Copp
Suter
Veleno

Reactions: lilidk

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Larkin makes other players look good?
Yup, too bad he's the only good center. If the team had 2 Larkins they would probably make the playoffs. Kub, Perron, Ray, Bert, and now Raz can only score with Larkin.

If Raz is a wing then Suter has to play center, and did against TBL (between Sunny and Kub). Fabbri might be in the mix when he returns.

I'd like to see Raz with Copp, they both play a simple game. Maybe Kub as the shooter? I dunno.

At least Vrana can score without Larkin, so excited about that.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017

Thanks, good idea,I think I will relax. For the next 4-5 days anyway Raz is on top of the world. Merry Xmas Mike

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
As I said in the prospect thread - not sure exactly what this means, but it has to be good... lol

Reactions: saska sault

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I may be incorrect, I thought he was playing both. I could be guilty of not watching enough recently.
Most recently wing. He plays his best hockey on the wing, but don't forget when he's C he gets worse linemates because he's pit on the 3rd line. When he fills in for Larkin when Larkin is out he's actually looked ok.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Been extremely happy with his development finally taking the next step at the later part of last year.

Finally we are getting a glimpse of what Rasmussen will be capable of in the NHL.

He was an interesting prospect when he was drafted and the pick took a lot of heat because of who was available on the board at the time, but you can’t teach size and boy oh boy does he have size.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
He's having a nice season. especially for how his career has gone to this point, but what is worrying me is how inconsistent he still is. He'll score 5 points in 5 games then go 5 games without a point.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
He's having a nice season. especially for how his career has gone to this point, but what is worrying me is how inconsistent he still is. He'll score 5 points in 5 games then go 5 games without a point.
Is he actually more inconsistent than other players? Pretty sure that kind of scoring is not uncommon at all.

Especially considering the few minutes he plays.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Is he actually more inconsistent than other players? Pretty sure that kind of scoring is not uncommon at all.

Especially considering the few minutes he plays.
Not sure if you've actually been watching but Ras has been getting like 16-18 minutes a game pretty regularly since mid December.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00