Prospect Info: At 31st Overall the Habs Select Logan Mailloux - Part 2 (MOD post#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
As I understand it, she sought out the press because the guy has yet to actually apologize. But sure, stay up there on your high horse, because you clearly know better than everybody else.

He did apologize. She found his apology insincere and wanted a sincere apology.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
A young man who has a path to a top 4 or top 2.

Have you bothered to read his scouting reports? Guhle with more offense. WJ team like him but avoiding the publicity. A year from now, he's probably on the team.

Too bad because it would be a treat to see Guhle and him ripping it for our WJ.

You honestly believe he is going to be able to have success with so much attention coming from Montreal media?

I still believe he would have been available to be pick with our second or third pick.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You honestly believe he is going to be able to have success with so much attention coming from Montreal media?

I still believe he would have been available to be pick with our second or third pick.

eleven teams said they took him off their list.....21 teams had him on their draft list. Our second pick was in the 60s.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I do not have a problem with the pick. I believe in 2nd chances and if he turns out to be a turd then fine no big deal, waive him and done. My biggest problem is the asset management. If this was the guy they wanted and knew that it was unlikely that any other team him so early, why not move back 10-15 spots for another pick or 2 and get him anyways???

Timmins said he could have been gone the pick after ours.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Well... If you could read instead of making things up about people being hurt (by what? you never had an argument), or wanting to stone you, or cancel others, you'd know I'm all for forgiveness and guidance. I never put blame or tried to shame the kid.

As for real morals, let's try this: tomorrow I'm back in the gym with 12-17 y/o, boys and girls. What does it make me if I tell my boys that it was just a mistake? Worst, what does it make me if I tell my girls that it was just a mistake? Now go back to the mirror.

How about you guide the males and teach them respect for woman, to not succumb to peer pressure, to think long and hard how their actions can hurt other very deeply.

That would be a good start.

Then heed the forgiveness and guidance...instead of arguing with someone who dismisses and holds up a mirror for those who want their pound of flesh.

ReginaHabs

Jan 7, 2021
The argument that he shouldn’t have been drafted (as per his stated wishes) and those who agree have been compared to:
- a witch hunt
- an angry mob
- a virtual stoning
- the Taliban
- calling for him to be thrown from society

Again, the argument is simply that he should not have been drafted based on what happened and respecting his stated preference for how he wanted his “second chance” to unfold. If you’re finding yourself resorting to the sort of hyperbole above to defend the pick, you either recognize that it’d be too hard to make that case directly or you’re so far removed from reality that you really think these things are alike. Either way you’re not likely to convince anyone who doesn’t already share your anti-woke politics.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I'm not sure waiting a year to be drafted is the way to prevent sex crimes. I could see the argument. But I think the discussions and awareness are more the solution. So hopefully this contributes to that.

It's obviously not to prevent sex crimes. It's most definately about accountability. I have no idea how anybody will be able to take that management seriously now when they talk about accountability. Just like when they had to take the no excuses down because they only thing that got out of their mouth were excuses.

Reactions: Optreeter

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
I do not have a problem with the pick. I believe in 2nd chances and if he turns out to be a turd then fine no big deal, waive him and done. My biggest problem is the asset management. If this was the guy they wanted and knew that it was unlikely that any other team takes him so early, why not move back 10-15 spots for another pick or 2 and get him anyways???

Most scout put him around 30 to 50. With the scandal, I'm sure he would have been available at 60.

How many times do we have to go over this?

Reactions: Redux91

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
The argument that he shouldn’t have been drafted (as per his stated wishes) and those who agree have been compared to:
- a witch hunt
- an angry mob
- a virtual stoning
- the Taliban

Again, the argument is simply that he should not have been drafted based on what happened and respecting his stated preference for how he wanted his “second chance” to unfold. If you’re finding yourself resorting to the sort of hyperbole above to defend the pick, you either recognize that it’d be too hard to make that case directly or you’re so far removed from reality that you really think these things are alike. Either way you’re not likely to convince anyone who doesn’t already share your anti-woke politics.

Exactly. Yet the same people who think that the offense was not that big of a deal thinks that not choosing him in his very first year of eligibilitiy is the end of the world. When hockey prevails over life....

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
How many times do we have to go over this?

That is 1 source about what teams MIGHT have done. Strange how nobody else came out saying that they would have done it. If they would have make the pick, why not say that he would have been fair game to you?

Reactions: Garry Valk

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
That is 1 source about what teams MIGHT have done. Strange how nobody else came out saying that they would have done it. If they would have make the pick, why not say that he would have been fair game to you?

Why would teams "come out saying that they would have done it?" What incentive do they have to do that, or purpose does that serve?

Last edited:

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
- a witch hunt
- an angry mob
- a virtual stoning
- the Taliban

No, the Taliban actually acts on their flawed ideas and a mob would actually be somewhat frightening. Thankfully you guys do not because you’re a little more level headed and don’t have access to be able to act on your ideas of what justice is. At most you get to vent on a message board, and thank God for that. You say you aren’t proponents of cancel culture but it’s the only option you really have in any of these virtue battles you fight. You can either cancel or you can’t. In this case it’s a no from everyone dawg.

Reactions: Redux91

Garry Valk

Feb 27, 2002
thedrivefortwentyfive.blogspot.com
Numerous other journalists have said most teams were shocked he got picked, and just about every team they spoke to had him off their list. The issue is that the poster in question doesn’t listen to most journalists, only those who ascribe to exactly what he believes, or what supports his specific argument at the time he’s making it.

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
Numerous other journalists have said most teams were shocked he got picked, and just about every team they spoke to had him off their list. The issue is that the poster in question doesn’t listen to most journalists, only those who ascribe to exactly what he believes, or what supports his specific argument at the time he’s making it.

Once again, you fail to understand simple differences.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It's obviously not to prevent sex crimes. It's most definately about accountability. I have no idea how anybody will be able to take that management seriously now when they talk about accountability. Just like when they had to take the no excuses down because they only thing that got out of their mouth were excuses.

Sometimes a league or organization will levy additional sanctions/accountability on a member of the organization - as in, in addition to what the legal system has levied for his crime.

I would be in favor of additional sanctions, including, but not limited to, "constructive justice" like community service related to the crime he committed.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
All this for a kid who in all likelihood eventually gets healthy scratched for the Jon Merrill's of the world because this team can barely develop it's draftees to become sustainable NHL players, and now they are getting into trying to help develop better morals and judgement in someone's personal life? Sure.

Reactions: Garry Valk

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
I am happy with the pick because he has seize and he seems to have good offensive habilitees.

what he did was really not okay.

i hope the girl gets justice .

and I hope Mailloux learned from hit and will be a better person after.

But I am not shocked the Canadiens took him and again okay with the pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad