Prospect Info: At 31st Overall the Habs Select Logan Mailloux - Part 2 (MOD post#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canad13ns

Nov 6, 2018
3A50E428-F2A1-4DF4-99AB-31BE5B081662.jpeg

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Boys club mentality at His fullest. Not only is IT a bad Pick but IT sends a message from this organization that it's ok to commit a sexual crime (yes, sharing a naked picture of Simeone without her consent is a crime). MB and Timmins should be fired for this Pick and yes the organization should void that Pick and apologize.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Wouldn't have been my choice but MB doesn't really give two shits at this point.

As for Mailloux himself...what he did was pretty gross and he'll pay for that for a long time. But I don't believe in cancel culture. I think everyone deserves a second chance. It's not just given though, he still has a lot to prove he deserves that second chance. We'll see if we ever get there.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
I love the crowd that goes "other players have done worse!"

Can you imagine Ted Bundy saying something like that? "Well Manson did way worse than me! Cut me some slack!"

Stop justifying his actions by comparing them to even worse ones.

Or Hitler, even. Imagine Hitler saying that. Holy Smokes.

Seriously, you just brought Manson and Bundy into this discussion.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Wouldn't have been my choice but MB doesn't really give two shits at this point.

As for Mailloux himself...what he did was pretty gross and he'll pay for that for a long time. But I don't believe in cancel culture. I think everyone deserves a second chance. It's not just given though, he still has a lot to prove he deserves that second chance. We'll see if we ever get there.

I don't think I've seen anyone say he doesn't deserve a second chance provided he is remorseful, matures and atones. But the player himself asked for his second chance to be next year.. hollow or not, the Habs said they were fine with taking a sexual offender even before they finished their self prescribed atonement and maturity.

superstar436

Mar 4, 2004
I just want Bergevin to draft the BPA.

Bergevin drafts BPA

Oh come on!!!

Yah what a coincidence, the BPA was a RHD. It is more drafting on needs. It was planned and decided. They knew he would be there on pick 31, or else they would have moved higher to pick ceuleman.

Bilgerat10

Feb 14, 2010
Michigan
The hypocrisy is simply rich. What the kid did was not "a mistake" -- it was a "douchie stunt"! What the Canadiens did when they picked this character was not "a sleight of hand power draft move" -- it was another "douchie stunt"! The Habs draft team planned a whole year for this?!

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I don't think I've seen anyone say he doesn't deserve a second chance provided he is remorseful, matures and atones. But the player himself asked for his second chance to be next year.. hollow or not, the Habs said they were fine with taking a sexual offender even before they finished their self prescribed atonement and maturity.

I do agree with this.

Making him a first round pick after what he did is tough to understand.

Really I'm not sure what Bergevin is thinking.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Boys club mentality at His fullest. Not only is IT a bad Pick but IT sends a message from this organization that it's ok to commit a sexual crime (yes, sharing a naked picture of Simeone without her consent is a crime). MB and Timmins should be fired for this Pick and yes the organization should void that Pick and apologize.
It's more nuanced than that. They don't think it's OK. They just think what he can bring is potentially enough to outweigh the PR disaster.

Reactions: Canad13ns

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
There's really little public video footage of him, they probably scouted him a lot in person... I hope

That's what it seems like. And any google search will come up with results about the scandal, so it's even harder to find anything.

In that way only, it is a lot like the Romanov pick where we weren't really able to find much of anything (although Mailloux was still more well-known around the draft).

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
So, douchebaggery aside, would this be a good pick normally ?

My buddy told me he read teams were thinking of grabbing him in the 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad