Prospect Info: At 30th Overall the Predators Select Eeli Tolvanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I feel hopeful that the Preds will be in a good spot to turn Tolvanen loose next year without really needing him to be perfect right off the top. A lot of times teams really have to ease the youngsters in when they aren't ready for the 200 ft challenges. But I dare to hope that the Preds as a really strong team that shouldn't be struggling to get a playoff spot (knock wood) can afford to be a little more cavalier with Tolvanen.

Granted, Tolvanen has to do his thing too and hold up his end of the bargain.

But I think they can afford to be a little more liberal with him than, say, they were with Fiala. Maybe?

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I think he's ready for next year, maybe not as a top-6 guy but in a sheltered 3rd line with defensively sound players around him. You see these young players jumping into the league all the time (like Donato in Boston) and I see no reason why he couldn't do the same.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
He was 18/19 years old (birthday April 22) and was coming into a situation where he didn't really have a chance to mesh with the team right away. I'm guessing. It's one thing for these guys who transition mid-season from college hockey to come in and make an impact but they're used to playing on the same size ice, and are typically a little older. Keep in mind we were already a deep enough team that we were icing 4 full lines and still sitting useful players just for the hell of it. He didn't really fit anywhere off the bat when we look back at it.

That being said, I fully believe when he has a full camp here, mentally knows he'll be spending his year in North America on this surface, and is able to start from scratch with the team that he'll be just fine, and possibly one of our best scorers pretty quickly.

sooni

Oct 23, 2014
Vaasa
He was great against Canada... I´m still thinking that Laviolette should gave him chance to play some playoff hockey. He is ultimately the guy who could win games alone. I´m just saying :sarcasm:

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
playing on the 1st line with Granlund and Rantanen today against USA. Currently 3-0 for Finland as 3rd period about to begin

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

this was against Canada. nothing from today yep that I've seen.

"And in goal for the most talented hockey country in the world.....Darcy Kuemper!!"

tenor.gif

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
I'm not familiar with KHL awards criteria. You have to be Russian and have an insignificant impact. Is there anything else I missed?

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
A friend of mine who covers the KHL in a stateside publication confirmed to me that to be eligible for ROTY in the KHL you have to be Russian, under age 26 and have just completed your first pro season.

... which is moronic considering they have teams in 7 different countries and players from all over the world.

Snaibberi

Mar 20, 2008
A friend of mine who covers the KHL in a stateside publication confirmed to me that to be eligible for ROTY in the KHL you have to be Russian, under age 26 and have just completed your first pro season.

Wrong info. Jokerit asked about this and got an answer, that anyone can win it. "russian and under 26" dates from soviet era and hasnt been valid for a while.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Wrong info. Jokerit asked about this and got an answer, that anyone can win it. "russian and under 26" dates from soviet era and hasnt been valid for a while.
Russian and under 26 seems like requirements considering the screw job tolvanen just received. KHL is a f***ed up league like you would expect in russia. absolutely f***ing joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->