Prospect Info: At 30th Overall the Predators Select Eeli Tolvanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
If he's not going to be in the NHL, I'd much rather him be in the AHL.
His option is literally in case he's not ready for NHL.
That decision has to be made before KHL starts because he cannot jump contracts once he has already played with the possible new KHL deal.
Poile will surely sign him as soon as he can.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
His option is literally in case he's not ready for NHL.
That decision has to be made before KHL starts because he cannot jump contracts once he has already played with the possible new KHL deal.
Poile will surely sign him as soon as he can.
What new KHL deal? I thought his contract was 2 years.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Jokerit have signed Steve Moses to a 3-year deal after Rochester Americans suspended him for breach of contract.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Moses playing on O'Neill's right wing for Jokerit. Wonder if they keep them together when Tolvanen goes back.

Finland's game against Denmark about to begin.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I'd temper the expectations but from what I've heard from Helsinki is that he's developed really nicely especially in terms of skating and battling. 4-5 months time to develop but I don't know if he can be a big factor this year. Next year most likely. He's snakebit as hell right now has to get one against Denmark now.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I think he'd be a welcomed addition at the deadline, even if he is used sparingly from game to game. I think his shot translates immediately, and at worst he could be a power play weapon.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
KHL regular season ends for Jokerit on March 1st.

Playoffs which Joketit should make unless they choke job. They could be out by second round. They have two monsters in their division; SKA and CSKA. Unless they sign Vladimir Putin to play, intimidate the opposing teams. (Part joke and part real. Seriously, who is going to stop a Putin shot if they are afraid of snipers in the press box?)

UNLESS, there is a buyout clause in his KHL contract...

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Don't we need to negotiate with him and sign him first? Maybe that won't be an obstacle but we're talking like he's under contract like Radulov was.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
No way Jokerit reaches the Final. Maybe conference finals but that's doubtful as well. I think he'd be ready late March/early April.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Don't we need to negotiate with him and sign him first? Maybe that won't be an obstacle but we're talking like he's under contract like Radulov was.
Poile can sign him at the end of the Jokerit KHL season. There's no way to sign him at the moment.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I was impressed with his vision out there, could have easily had a 3 assist night had his line mates handled the puck a little better. This gives me hope because once Finland had the lead they were just focused on giving Tolvanen the puck, especially on the power play which Denmark .
A lot is being said about his shot, for good reason, but when Denmark went after him after seeing how much he was shooting he made some pretty plays, certainly didn't look like a one trick pony out there.

One thing that was kind of tricky for me to evaluate was his speed, he impressed me entering the zone at one point late in the third, but there were times where he looked sluggish, although that could be because he was used for such a long time on the PP.

Overall, I'm not worried about him in the least. He has things he can work on, but he's super young.
I'm excited for him coming over, even if he needs a little seasoning I think it'd be worth it to see him up here for the playoffs like we did Fiala a few years back.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I'm just wondering, we've all been operating under the assumption this whole time that Tolvanen can't come over until his KHL season ends.

Surely Poile would know this. So why would he even mention anything about bringing him over? Why would he specifically say that maybe adding Tolvanen would be better than making a trade at the deadline? Does he know something that we don't or was he just not really thinking for a moment?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I'm just wondering, we've all been operating under the assumption this whole time that Tolvanen can't come over until his KHL season ends.

Surely Poile would know this. So why would he even mention anything about bringing him over? Why would he specifically say that maybe adding Tolvanen would be better than making a trade at the deadline? Does he know something that we don't or was he just not really thinking for a moment?

He can't come over until his season is over. Poile is saying that it may be better for him to be the TDL deal because the only asset we would give up would be a year off his contract.

If we acquired someone, what would you rather give up, a first round draft pick and maybe more or a single year off his contract?

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
yeah I get that and I'd much rather bring in Tolvanen, but would he be eligible for the playoffs if he's not here before the deadline?

actually, I should rephrase what i'm saying. I don't really want to add anyone other than Ellis, and I also think Tolvanen probably won't be that effective stepping into the NHL after playing so many games over a 9-10 month span. What I do want him to come over for is just to get into the NHL training and coaching, even if he's just able to come practice and travel with the team through a playoff run.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
You know the NHL trade deadline is Feb 26th
Jokerit's regular season ends March 1st
Jokerit should make the playoffs.

Will Jokerit be done by March 19th is my question? Do you KHL watchers think the second round will last till then?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad