Player Discussion Artturi Lehkonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
He got potential to be a 1st line winger in this league?

I really like him, i expect 25 goals, 50 points next season... but i would be don't surprise if he is going to put 30 goals, 60 points per season.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Other than Drouin...probably the player I'm most excited to see.

Hope to see him at RW, very happy he'll get a chance there seemingly. One he likely wouldn't of gotten had the team re-signed Radulov.

I'd rather we invest the time in Lehkonen

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
No sophomore slump for players like Lehkonen. He's just a smart hard working guy who never takes anything for given.

I expect a monster step in his second year. He'll be twice the player he was last season.

And one of the best complete wingers in the NHL in a near future.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Still expecting goal totals in the 22-26 range with 40 points or so depending on how many games he plays (injury, illness, whatever).

I think within a couple of seasons he can be a legitimate threat to be a 30-goal, 50-point, two-way beast.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
No sophomore slump for players like Lehkonen. He's just a smart hard working guy who never takes anything for given.

I expect a monster step in his second year. He'll be twice the player he was last season.

And one of the best complete wingers in the NHL in a near future.

Jere Lehtinnen 2.0 is my prediction. Selke candidate who can put up 20 plus goals and 50 plus points consistently. Id be very happy with this.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Did anyone mention Fast & Feisty, seems like those are qualities that are once again synonymous with the Montreal Canadiens. This mighty little Finn will be opening eyes, lots again this season, with all the added talent this summer, the Habs as a team will be Exciting too watch!!!...:nod::nod::nod:

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
If Reway can reach his potential and become a regular NHLer I would love to see a future trio consisting of Reway and Lehkonen on the same line.

Lehkonen - Drouin - Reway

Lehkonen - Ikonen - Reway
Poeling

Looking good!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If Reway can reach his potential and become a regular NHLer I would love to see a future trio consisting of Reway and Lehkonen on the same line.

Lehkonen - Drouin - Reway

Lehkonen - Ikonen - Reway
Poeling

Looking good!

Well Reway and Drouin shouldn't be on the same line since both are playmakers. I would be Lehkonen at RW and Reway at LW, not sure why he was at RW in the rookie tournament as he's usually at center or LW in all the times i've seen him.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Lehkonen could be a good fit with Drouin and Patches. Typically having 2 shooters on a line isn't great (which Lehk and Patches are) but Lehkonen also goes to the net and gets dirty goals, could work.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Who is going to take the faceoffs though? None of these players are good on the faceoff dot.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Is it me or Lehkonen has been totally invisible since the start of training camp? Not the same hard working player as last year... It's not normal that he's the least visible player of his line after Hudon and Plekanec. I'm starting to fear a sophomore slump. Is he taking his spot for granted? Maybe a game in the stand would wake him up.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Is it me or Lehkonen has been totally invisible since the start of training camp? Not the same hard working player as last year... It's not normal that he's the least visible player of his line after Hudon and Plekanec. I'm starting to fear a sophomore slump. Is he taking his spot for granted? Maybe a game in the stand would wake him up.
He works hard but it's not clicking for the moment. Had a great chance today in front of the net, Holtby made a good save.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

he wasn't that noticeable to me in the preseason games I watched but I'm not worried about him. What I haven't really cared for is the lines CJ went with, imo at some point he's going to have to change them up. Galchenyuk needs to be with a playmaker, I'd either put him on JD's line or move him to center and try him with Hudon and Gallagher or Byron (as that line will need some speed and someone better in their own end) Maybe try Lehkonen with JD and Pac, put Danault with Pleks and Shaw as our shutdown line and hope they can chip in some offense.

Lehkonen is skilled, smart and hard working, he'll get there at some point even if he has a bit of a slow start. There was a lot of change to the team and the new coach has now had the off-season to work in what he wants, it's likely going to take time to gel.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
He works hard but it's not clicking for the moment. Had a great chance today in front of the net, Holtby made a good save.

I agree. Lehkonen has been working hard in traffic and been supporting the forecheck. It just hasn't clicked for him yet. Same for Hudon in two games, actually.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I agree. Lehkonen has been working hard in traffic and been supporting the forecheck. It just hasn't clicked for him yet. Same for Hudon in two games, actually.

He missed a wide open net in the 3rd then retrieved the puck and whipped a shot at the net. He went back to the bench and was clearly mad at himself, this is what I like to see from our players.

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
I like really Lek'...but is it just me...or does he look less and less like a true top6 player?

Again, I really like him. He's not big but plays with a lot of grit, not unlike Gallagher and Shaw. He's smart with the puck and doesn't turn it over easily. Decent skill set, speed and all.

But now he's playing with two very creative players, Drouin and Galchenyuk, and, to be honest, he sort of looks out of place.

Every single time the puck comes to his stick, he kills the play with a bad shot or, something he's rarely been seen doing before, turns the puck over.

I think Lek fits more with players who play a simple North/South type of game...like Danault or even Pleky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad