Player Discussion Artturi Lehkonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

AboveandBeyond

Jun 1, 2013
Hollows Edge
24 goals 24 assists ; 48 pts in his 2nd full season ; play top 6 minutes the whole season ; He has already showed he can play responsible defensively

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
1st liner potential with his shot and IQ. Very well rounded while being young. I'm excited to see him mature into his prime, especially with some presumed reinforcements (Ikonen, Poehling) coming to the offense and young players with contracts (Galchenyuk, Drouin). Hopefully as these players all begin to align into the roster, we return to being a strong powerplay team and a contender come playoff time.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
The way I feel about Matthews, Marner, and Nylander being such bright spots for the Leafs' future, I feel about Lehkonen for Montreal. A young player with a potential to be a key figure in the team's future.

I predict I'll get that feeling with Hudon, as well. And Drouin is already more of a proven commodity, but he's still real young with a bright future.

So all in all, if Lehkonen, Hudon, Drouin, and Galchenyuk become the players we believe they have the potential to become, Habs are in business.

Hudon-Drouin-Lehkonen line?

For some reason, I fell that Hudon could play with Drouin....and why not Lehconen?
youth-skills-speed....

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
They've played together in past tournaments and had success

I know three guys that played together -- Hudon - Danault - Drouin -- and, weird enough, they are currently on the same team. Wonder if that could be a line that produces? Lots of speed from Danault and Drouin and a great wrist **** from Hudon who could trail on the play...

That would leave Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Lehkonen.

Hemsky - Plekanec - Gallagher

Byron - McCarron - Shaw

Never going to happen ;)

get25

Oct 17, 2015
I'll add Danault to that list.
Even Shaw is young enough so we can expect 40+ point season at some point.

And Byron and Pacioretty are not so old either.
For me, he's one of the team's untouchable players. He should be considered part of the young core.
And we have him for 6 years.
It was an impressive rookie campaign considering he was playing with a black hole for a center for much of the year. Give him a play making center so he can take advantage of that shot and he'll crack 25 goals, I'm sure of it.
He did spend a lot of time with Plek.

His best was Galchenyuk - Shaw - Lehkonen towards the end of the season.

In PO, he started with King and Shaw and then was again with Galchenyuk - Shaw -Lehkonen. He was also given time with Danault and Pacioretty/Radulov.
During the PO, our two first lines were:
Pacioretty - Danault Radulov
Byron - Plekanec - Gallagher

Because of his defensive game, I have no problem seeing him with Galchenyuk.
I think he he a strong contender to complete our top-6 wingers but in case he can not perform we still have Shaw and Byron.
Shaw is certainly going to steal PP TOI from him but I see him getting more PP TOI.
Yes but way more talent then Gallagher.........that's why me excited.
Well Gallagher had a pace of 29G and 62 points in 2014-15 so I would not discount him so fast. Don't see him slowing down. He still does play the same game.
He may get less opportunity on the PP but he will get his fair share.

Artturi does have a lot of talent I do have the feeling that it is going to continue to be better.

Let's say that seeing him getting 47 points with more PP TOI would be great.
But anything higher than 40 points would be good.

In Frolunda, he doubled his points from one season to the next and went on to be the best in PO at PPG pace.
He is training really hard.
Reaching 30G or 55-60 points is another story but he is a top-6 to me.

get25

Oct 17, 2015
I know three guys that played together -- Hudon - Danault - Drouin -- and, weird enough, they are currently on the same team. Wonder if that could be a line that produces? Lots of speed from Danault and Drouin and a great wrist **** from Hudon who could trail on the play...

That would leave Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Lehkonen.

Hemsky - Plekanec - Gallagher

Byron - McCarron - Shaw

Never going to happen ;)
Maybe will never happen but I am loving it.
Actually, I do not see why Julien would not try it in pre-season.

But Danault would need to score 45-50 points.
You have major offense on the second line.

And bottom-6 has 5 players who can score at least 30 points.

The problem would be to see that first line produce but if it does we do have serious offense. Drouin can definitively bring the playmaking and to some extent so does Danault.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Maybe will never happen but I am loving it.
Actually, I do not see why Julien would not try it in pre-season.

But Danault would need to score 45-50 points.
You have major offense on the second line.

And bottom-6 has 5 players who can score at least 30 points.

The problem would be to see that first line produce but if it does we do have serious offense. Drouin can definitively bring the playmaking and to some extent so does Danault.
And, so does Hudon, to an extent, himself. I really wouldn't mind seeing if that wouldn't be lightning in a bottle?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
What other player is comparable to Lehkonen in terms of the kind of player he is and the production he had in his first season?

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Hudon-Drouin-Lehkonen line?

For some reason, I fell that Hudon could play with Drouin....and why not Lehconen?
youth-skills-speed....

I'd like to try Galchenyuk and Drouin together and try a line with

Hudon/Danault/Lehkonen

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Well Drouin is as fast as McDavid. Im not sold on Hudon though.

He is absolutely not as fast as McDavid. McDavid is perhaps the best skater in the NHL. Drouin can skate it's an area of strength no doubt but this a bit too much for me.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
He is absolutely not as fast as McDavid. McDavid is perhaps the best skater in the NHL. Drouin can skate it's an area of strength no doubt but this a bit too much for me.

Straight line, he's in the same ballpark. He just can't hit those speeds as quickly after changing direction like McDavid, which makes all the difference in actual gameplay.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

He had a better time at the ASG so he can't be far off. The difference is McD goes this fast while dangling.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
He had a better time at the ASG so he can't be far off. The difference is McD goes this fast while dangling.

I won't put much weight into isolated all-star game competitions.

However like I said I realize that Drouin has great skating skills , but I would not put him in the same sentence in terms of saying "they are as fast as each other". The things that McDavid can do at top speed is night/day compared to anyone else.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I won't put much weight into isolated all-star game competitions.

However like I said I realize that Drouin has great skating skills , but I would not put him in the same sentence in terms of saying "they are as fast as each other". The things that McDavid can do at top speed is night/day compared to anyone else.

Yes I clarified that in my next post. I was just pointing out to the other poster that Drouin is in fact a burner. A line of Lehkonnen, Drouin and Hudon wouldn't be slow. Not that soft either since Drouin and Lehkonnen are surprisingly gritty. Not sure about Hudon. Drouin may be more known for his hands and playmaking but speed is a overlooked but integral part of his game.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I wasn't high on the kid in the beginning, but I see Koivu stats in his very near future. He slowly became one of my favs at the end of the year.

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
Good think incoming from him! He is good with and without the puck and is a quick learning. Some top 6 duty for sure this year.

I see him with Danault and Drouin because of the age and speed. Even at there young age, I think they can face top opponent. That line may have all 50 pts plus players. Huge upgrade to last year second line.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

An area of strength? Drouin is one of the fastest skaters in the NHL and won the speed competition not that long ago, if I'm not wrong.

It was like you saying, "He's not too shabby, but I wouldn't exaggerate," when he's part of the cream of the league in that department. If I were you, I'd go look again at the highlights of his goals and how he is able to distance opponents when he rushes for the loose puck -- and not just the opponents that shouldn't even be on skates because their feet are encased in cement blocks. I don't think that the original poster was being far from objective. It's not like he said that Drouin was light years faster than McDavid or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad