Player Discussion Artturi Lehkonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He is a technically complete player. Plays a solid defensive game. I think the 18 he scored last year will be more than his annual average unless he plays with a better offensive center.
His injury did not help.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
He has been actually quite terrible lately. One point in the 15 games he's played after the injury. One. And it's not like he's been really snakebitten either, just downright bad. He will most certainly bounce back but it really pains me to watch him right now, constantly forcing plays and when he's not busy turning the puck over he's absolutely invisible. Just wondering what the deal is here, the guy is struggling badly.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
He has been actually quite terrible lately. One point in the 15 games he's played after the injury. One. And it's not like he's been really snakebitten either, just downright bad. He will most certainly bounce back but it really pains me to watch him right now, constantly forcing plays and when he's not busy turning the puck over he's absolutely invisible. Just wondering what the deal is here, the guy is struggling badly.

He's a third liner with potential offensive upside. If our 3c is as good as Danault, I can see him being at least a 15 goal scorer. He's a hardworker. I think he'll figure it out and put the work in to become that 15 goal scorer, on the 3rd line.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
He's a third liner with potential offensive upside. If our 3c is as good as Danault, I can see him being at least a 15 goal scorer. He's a hardworker. I think he'll figure it out and put the work in to become that 15 goal scorer, on the 3rd line.

Yeah, he's a smart guy with a great work ethic and some skill on top of it. There will always be use for guys like him who are willing to do the dirty work and know what to do in every situation. But I was more concerned about what's going on right now, he seems lost.

paddy

Aug 2, 2005
I like Leks a lot... For me he was an untouchable at the beginning of the year. But there are no excuses. He has to produce more. Not just play well. The numbers have to be there as he's been given plenty of opportunity and icetime. Let's just hope it's a sophomore slump.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
Let's face it, he is just not very good.

His rookie season wasn't all that good either. 28 pts is nothing to write home about. If anything it might have been more beneficial for him to spend all of last year in the AHL.

Surely he can be a useful bottom-six player down the road, but that's as far as expectations should go.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I forgot we had this guy in our team, I don’t even remember one game this season where he caught my attention.

Good middle 6 winger. If we can add the pieces we need to add, I see him as a very good winger to Danault or Poehling in a season or two. We have to remember he is only 22 and still developing. Also not sure if the injury he had is still bothering him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

His rookie season wasn't all that good either. 28 pts is nothing to write home about. If anything it might have been more beneficial for him to spend all of last year in the AHL.

Surely he can be a useful bottom-six player down the road, but that's as far as expectations should go.

Let's face it... you are being too premature with a 22 year old prospect. Imagine if the Wings called Mantha a bottom 6 winger when he was age 22? :sarcasm:. Lehkonen is a good piece in the middle of our forward group and he has a good NHL shot. He can play both wings and plays a good responsible two way game. All stats are down for pretty much everybody on our roster this year.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I don't think he's going to last with the Habs. It doesn't matter whether he'll be good in the future or not. Right now he's not able to produce in Claude Julien's system and that's the only valid point to make. He'll just be the next D'Agostini, Palushaj, Sekac or Andrighetto if he can't shake it up.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Lehkonen, like Galchenyuk before, had his best moments and scored most of his goals playing off-wing on the right side. That's probably where they should both play... but with Gallagher and Shaw already there, we could probably use him in a trade.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Guys like Lehkonen and Hudon would be a lot more effective if we actually had offensive centres. Both have very good shots, aren't afraid of the dirty areas and get a lot of scoring chances.

When you're stuck playing with Plekanec, or natural wingers like Byron/Drouin as your centres it'll have an impact on your goal total. Both of them have also had ridiculously low shooting percentages, I'd be worried if they weren't getting chances but both are at least getting a lot of opportunities.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Lehky is going to be a solid 2-way, 2nd line player for a long time for us. He'll be a 20-20 guy going forward, pending linemates.

Reactions: Le Tricolore

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
-Good skater
-Good defensively
-Good shot

-mid to low skill level
-Does not do much to stand out, if we traded him tomorrow no one would notice.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016

The bar is set so low that as a fan base we get very excited about players like Lek and Hudon. They are useful, promising players but not high ceiling guys. We are so starved for elite prospects that I think we tend to see more than what’s there.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Cant wait until we trade him to a team with real centers so all you expert can see whats up. Theres a common denominator here and its the Habs. Every single player has more success elsewhere. Get a grip
Who, outside of maybe Subban and Radulov?

AFAIK, Weise, Pateryn, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Andrighetto, etc. aren't really destroying the league.

There IS a common denominator, it's drafting and more importantly player development.

Reactions: sharks9

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Cant wait until we trade him to a team with real centers so all you expert can see whats up. Theres a common denominator here and its the Habs. Every single player has more success elsewhere. Get a grip

Like who? Sekac? Beaulieu? Tinordi? Weise? Fleischmann?

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Tbh, Lekhonen is just another Pacioretty.
Lehkonen has some grit Pacioretty never had. He's closer to Gallagher in that instance IMO.

I think it's just a second year slump for him. He'll bounce back with 25G, 40 ish pts next year.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Who, outside of maybe Subban and Radulov?

AFAIK, Weise, Pateryn, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Andrighetto, etc. aren't really destroying the league.

There IS a common denominator, it's drafting and more importantly player development.

Actually, Pateryn is playing some good-great hockey for Dallas.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
would be a horrible time to trade him. His value is probably at an all time low.

He's just way better than this. People wrote off Gallagher. He could be something comparable. Are people gonna really judge him on this dumpster fire of a year where he's had no real C to play with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad