Around the NHL XXXIII - looking forward to 2018 offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Gryba with two goals last night, how is there not already five pages of discussion about this?

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Turris is in the situation we wish he was with us. He's the #2C...

He was obviously going to feast on his matchups and make Nashville's 2nd line loads better. Most people knew this.

None of this is surprising to me. He's a very good player put in the perfect situation to succeed relative to his strengths, he's playing with good talent and against lesser competition. Also instead of just Karlsson on the back-end, he has Subban/Ekholm/Josi/Ellis(soon)....

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Likely both Claesson and Harpur will need to be exposed.

Forwards will be the same as previous draft with Duchene in for Turris.

Seeing Vegas' draft and massive amount of assets, I am wondering if we can apply to go through one in the future!

Seriously though, had the modern expansion rules existed during the Sens entrance to the league, would probably have a cup now.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Seeing Vegas' draft and massive amount of assets, I am wondering if we can apply to go through one in the future!

Seriously though, had the modern expansion rules existed during the Sens entrance to the league, would probably have a cup now.
meh, LV is going to find it hard to seriously improve without a number 1 pick in the entry draft imo

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Good. Adding Seattle balances the conferences, and hopefully helps a bit with the travel in the West (for a few teams, anyway). Although, it does look like they'll have to overhaul the two western divisions a bit. One of the Pacific teams would have to move to the Central....but who? Arizona?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I get that they have a good coach and their players are working their arses off, but an expansion team doing this well makes the NHL look like a bit of a joke tbh. A little too much parity for my taste.

What it shows is that the expansion draft process was perhaps a little too generous. This is not the same sort of crap teams our own expansion era spawned, that's for damn sure.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
It shows that if you work hard and you play a speed game, today's game is all about speed, you have to be aggressive on the forecheck in all three zones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad