Around the NHL XXXIII - looking forward to 2018 offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
There is minimal context when looking at those deals. NJD had cap space and salary space which is the most valuable thing they had to give up for Palmeri and Johansson. Being a rebuilding team its possible to do that

Palmieri cost 1.6M when he was traded for. Then he was re-signed for 4.65M after a 30G season. Johansson cost about the same.

A top 6 forward making under 5M is affordable for a lot of teams. Especially when the trades were made (in the summer).

No context or with context, either way Sheri made out like a bandit with the Palmieri and Johansson trades.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Shero has done a great job of getting value in his trades.

I'd rank him up there with guys like Nill, Gorton, Poile, Francis and Burke in terms of getting value in trades. Probably in contention with Nill for #1.

Imagine what this team would be capable with him at the helm stealing good players left and right, with an elite scouting staff feeding him tradeable assets.

Have no doubt we'd be an elite team right now if he were at the helm instead of Dorion.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Tough news out of Vancouver to hear that Derek Dorsett was forced to retire because of health reasons, a cervical disk herniation. 4th line guy who had a great start to the year with 9 points in 20 games. Wish him the best of luck.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Vancouver with a big win in Nashville, Daniel Sedin with his 1000 points in his amazing career. congratulation Daniel

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
Lmao we can't buy a goal, but Toronto gets a win because Russell snipes it into his own net

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Hey guys, so we've had a terrible influx of Leaf trolls onto our board all night. As it was just absurd, I immediately thought of how terrible it must be to be a Sens fan here and have to deal with this nonsense every night. So I gotta ask: is this normal? Do they just invade your damn board every game?

Also, I weep at the Oilers this season and Kris Russell.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
Hey guys, so we've had a terrible influx of Leaf trolls onto our board all night. As it was just absurd, I immediately thought of how terrible it must be to be a Sens fan here and have to deal with this nonsense every night. So I gotta ask: is this normal? Do they just invade your damn board every game?

Yes Leafs fan are as much of a cancer here as they are elsewhere on this website

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA

Oh yeah!!! serenaty now! serenaty now! ;)

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

They invade every opponent's team board after every game.

We just play them more often.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
ZSQeNs.jpg

yikes

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I want the Sens to get a 10-1 victory. 6 points for EK, 5 for Stone, 5 for Duchene, 4 for Hoffman, 4 for Ryan, 4 for Chabot.

Rondo Hatton

Dec 20, 2013
Yes Leafs fan are as much of a cancer here as they are elsewhere on this website

I think the problem is that the range of age of posters is too wide. There should be under 21 boards and over 21 boards. Too much weeping when someone's team loses and too many can't take a punch. Little snowflakes I guess would be the term

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I think the problem is that the range of age of posters is too wide. There should be under 21 boards and over 21 boards. Too much weeping when someone's team loses and too many can't take a punch. Little snowflakes I guess would be the term

I guess , but age doesn't eliminate that as much as you'd think.

There are people everywhere clamoring for debates and opinions they don't like to be banned or shut down.

On a far less serious example then the political sphere , we just had someone complain that the ownership thread was devoid of any facts (fake news) and should be closed. And it was. On a discussion board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad