Around the NHL XIV: Off Season/New Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Jimmy Howard has these stretches where he looks like the best goaltender in the NHL. Not very often though.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
"If you don't like headshots, you also don't like fighting".

Some seriously wise words from Milbury. Jesus.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Hi from the Hawks board. Didn't know where to ask this but I was wondering (1) is Richards a guy who tends to start slow and pick things up; and (2) was he effective when he was on your PP?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Hi from the Hawks board. Didn't know where to ask this but I was wondering (1) is Richards a guy who tends to start slow and pick things up; and (2) was he effective when he was on your PP?

Last year, Richards was hot at the beginning of the year and tapered at the end. 2 years ago was the lockout year. 3 years ago, he started slow and got hot down the stretch.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

1. His first two seasons here were definitely like that. Last year though, he was really hot at the start. But he finished with something pathetic like 13 points after January.

2. He was, he was underrated on the PP here. He was taking shots like crazy last year, looked real confident. But if someone catches him at the blueline, that's an automatic scoring chance against. He and McDonagh got in each others' way at time, being both lefties.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
^^ Thanks for your answers.

How good is he at generating offense on his own? While he was ostensibly brought into be 2c (w/ Kane as the RW) he's now 3c with, well, non-Kane linemates. Is he okay in that sort of scenario?

It's funny b/c I like the Rangers so watch enough of their games but I guess don't pay a lot of attention to the particulars.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
RIchards got hot down the stretch in the lockout year (before collapsing in the playoffs)

wasn't that more due to the WORST HATTRICK EVER (read in Simpsons comic guy voice) he scored vs the Sabres? I don't remember being Richards being all that great down the stretch. Sure, he wasn't an absolute train wreck then. But he was **** in the Playoffs as well.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Im havin sex w u rn
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
^^ Thanks for your answers.

How good is he at generating offense on his own? While he was ostensibly brought into be 2c (w/ Kane as the RW) he's now 3c with, well, non-Kane linemates. Is he okay in that sort of scenario?

It's funny b/c I like the Rangers so watch enough of their games but I guess don't pay a lot of attention to the particulars.

Not at this point, no.

Hawks should just stick Sharo and Hossa on Richards' wing and Kane/Saad on Toews'.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Not at this point, no.

Hawks should just stick Sharo and Hossa on Richards' wing and Kane/Saad on Toews'.

Lol. no. Q is adverse to putting Kane and Toews on the same line unless the death knell is ringing during a playoff game. But that's raging for another board, another thread.

Thanks for the Richards insight.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Lol. no. Q is adverse to putting Kane and Toews on the same line unless the death knell is ringing during a playoff game. But that's raging for another board, another thread.

Thanks for the Richards insight.

I also just wanna throw in that most of the time when richards went on a streak it was against subpar opponents and a lot of garbage time goals.

But he is good for about 3-4 super clutch goals

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Jesus christ will Nyquist ever stop scoring goals?

And it looks so easy right?

Detroit is in a big hole right now with huge openings on their roster from a contenders point of view. But they still do an absolute amazing job at playing a game that opens things up.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL

He went through streaks on the PP. Except when he was on the point. He was abhorrent playing the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad