Around the NHL XIV: Off Season/New Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Spezza 1g 3a and Seguin 3a.

Dallas got these two for Eriksson, futures, Chiasson and Smith. No firsts.

Jim Nill is a very, very good GM.

Dallas is a top pairing defenseman away from making noise in the West. Seguin, Spezza, Eakin. Absolutely sick center depth.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
You can tell how many former Rangers are on the Lightning because of how bad TB is at hitting an empty net.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Dudes. PK Subban. Damn. Such a beast.

From the penalty box and wow is this Cool as hell to see...

The D in question is terrible and head scratching - they do almost everything wrong..

SkeletalWigglyCuscus.gif

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Spezza 1g 3a and Seguin 3a.

Dallas got these two for Eriksson, futures, Chiasson and Smith. No firsts.

Unreal! good post! And it took 2 first rounders and Callahan to get St. Louis.
Seguin is a beast. Pure and simple.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
is it just me or does the ice at Staples Center look like absolute crap? I mean MSG bad.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
is it just me or does the ice at Staples Center look like absolute crap? I mean MSG bad.

Really, nowhere has good ice anymore. The ice in Vancouver last night was garbage, and it was considered the best in the league for many years. Buildings are just used for too much now.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Pretty sure the avs are not making the playoffs this year... Not with this flyers level defense and their division being extremely competitive

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
So Edmonton and Toronto and Winnipeg -- three Canadian teams with a ton of pressure to make the playoffs - are off to a bad start again.

I think Winnipeg can turn it around but only if they get rid of Pavelec.*

Edmonton is done. Just five games into the season and they're nine points out of the division. And by done I don't mean statistically. Morale is at a low point. They're the 6th Armee trapped in the Stalingrad cauldron because of high-ranking hubris.

Those kids are poisoned. They look*miserable. Every day is Monday in Edmonton.

“There is definitely pressure to win, you feel it out there on the ice and in the crowd and in the city. It is tough,†Eberle said

http://m.edmontonsun.com/2014/10/19...-streak-not-confident-way-to-start-the-season

Worst start in franchise history.

Look at Columbus. Two acquisitions turned that franchise around. The rest just made them better.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
“My thumb is down to the Edmonton Oilers’ decision to select*Nail Yakupov with the first pick of the 2012 NHL Draft. I know you’ve heard that before, the Oilers are sick of hearing it and Yakupov is burdened by it. Unfortunately for Yakupov, the criticism will continue until he gets a fresh start somewhere else and the Oilers address their pressing need for blue line help.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/20...pov-pick/?cid=dlvr.it-twitter-edmontonjournal

Hodge is right and wrong. He's right that Yakupov needs a change but he's wrong in thinking picking Lindholm or Maataa or Rielly or Murray would make the oilers a better team.

I'm scared Yakupov is going to end up in Pittsburgh or Brooklyn.

Trade Staal for Yakupov. He's an electrifying player. He's not just a shooter. The kid has world class skill and will help the PP.

I am betting the farm that he will be a star once he leaves Edmonton.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Voynov arrested for domestic violence. Suspended indefinitely. That's disappointing.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/20...pov-pick/?cid=dlvr.it-twitter-edmontonjournal

Hodge is right and wrong. He's right that Yakupov needs a change but he's wrong in thinking picking Lindholm or Maataa or Rielly or Murray would make the oilers a better team.

I'm scared Yakupov is going to end up in Pittsburgh or Brooklyn.

Trade Staal for Yakupov. He's an electrifying player. He's not just a shooter. The kid has world class skill and will help the PP.

I am betting the farm that he will be a star once he leaves Edmonton.

we already have pretty good wingers. where is he playing and who is moving to fit him in?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
we already have pretty good wingers. where is he playing and who is moving to fit him in?

Zuccarello is a UFA at years end. So is MSL although I assume he will be back. Hagelin is a RFA. Stempniak is a UFA.

Kreider, Nash.

MSL assumed back.

That's 3. Say one of Duclair or Buch makes the team.

That's 4.

Hagelin comes back. That's 5.

Do we assume they re-sign Stempniak? Do we assume another young player makes the team at wing? You need depth. If Yakupov was available for a reasonable price, I'd grab him up and not think twice. Speed, tenacity and he is a high energy player. He can still score, he just needs a new start.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
From the penalty box and wow is this Cool as hell to see...

The D in question is terrible and head scratching - they do almost everything wrong..

SkeletalWigglyCuscus.gif

It's certainly a nice goal by PK but when you give someone that much time and space to do whatever the hell they want it's not quite as impressive.

As for Edmonton, supposedly their advanced stats are actually pretty good but they seem to be undermined by just how horrible their defense is. They might be a good case to point to and say "see shot quality does count, when your D is so bad you let the other team get grade A scoring chances all game long it may not matter how good your possession numbers are"

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
This may be stupid, but it bothers me.....Why can't anyone on the main boards spell McDonagh? its not that hard, and its not like he is a rookie that nobody has ever heard of.

just ranting

SupersonicMonkey*

Lol it is also is bothersome when people call Zuccarello "ZucarrellA" and Lundqvist "LundqVist".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad