Around the NHL VIII - 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Wouldn't wish that on even the most bitter rival....

I wouldn't wish that on my most bitter rival either but just thought karma is a bitch when all the Jet's fans would whine to us about us winning because of their injury filled team. Now they have a reason to whine w/ their top scorer being out. To me though it didn't look too bad. Think he will be out for a few or even several games though but don't think it's something he will be out for months w/.

Last edited:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Lightning up now w/ 3 minutes left. Doubt Toronto will come back. Good teams just find a way to win so it's not much of a surprise. Before their games started I would have had Winnipeg and Lightning winning anyways. The surprise would have been if Toronto or LA won, which would have been a pleasant surprise. If anybody has a better chance at coming up w/ a surprise win though I would put it on LA as they just seem to be clinch at winning games when you think they are out (just look at the Minny game) and w/ Laine out that helps them out even more. Still think Winnipeg will come out on top though.

Last edited:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I wouldn't wish that on my most bitter rival either but just thought karma is a ***** when all the Jet's fans would whine to us about us winning because of their injury filled team. Now they have a reason to whine w/ their top scorer being out. To me though it didn't look too bad. Think he will be out for a few or even several games though but don't think it's something he will be out for months w/.
Jets fans are hardly unique in this regard. I mean, Pittsburgh only won the Cup last year due to our injuries (and the refs). Fan coping mechanisms 101.

Surprised if Laine isn't back quickly, that would be the one loss they really couldn't afford.

Last edited:
Reactions: klt2001

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Welp no help from LA or Toronto and our schedule just gets tougher from here. Oh well.

Last edited:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Jets fans are hardly uniquer in this regard. I mean, Pittsburgh only won the Cup last year due to our injuries (and the refs). Fan coping mechanisms 101.

Surprised if Laine isn't back quickly, that would be the one loss they really couldn't afford.

Hey even lucky teams can win in the playoffs :sarcasm:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
As much as I hate it I think we have our 8 teams for the WC playoffs....

Dallas just looks done, and I don't think the Blues can catch Anaheim or LA

Looks like we are getting one of LA, Colorado, or..gulp, the Ducks in round 1.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Dang... Cbus goes from dead in the water three weeks ago to as hot as we are... now with a shot at home ice for round 1. Would love to see them send Pittsburgh home early...

Devils look like they are going to imitate Dallas and crash right on out after sitting in the 3 spot for much of the year...

Really want Florida to make it and draw Tampa in round 1....

Reactions: Viqsi

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
can we put a ban on vali Maki sushi visiting our forums? dude is like clockwork. jets outplay kings and thread is up praising their domination.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
can we put a ban on vali Maki sushi visiting our forums? dude is like clockwork. jets outplay kings and thread is up praising their domination.
But who is going to facilitate the trade of our RHS Swedes for mediocre Flames garbage?

Funny to see Sharks fan popping off in that thread about them being contenders, didn't we just kick their ass a while back?

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
But who is going to facilitate the trade of our RHS Swedes for mediocre Flames garbage?

Funny to see Sharks fan popping off in that thread about them being contenders, didn't we just kick their ass a while back?
Our season and team is all luck remember? I'm sure they had half the team out or something

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Anyone else find it weird that you're just as nervous about round 1 this year as last? I just assume the worst and am actually more concerned about rounds 1 & 2 than 3.

Round 1 = 8 seed trying to knock out the 1. Gotta get shifted to playoff mode immediately which can be a risk. If Anaheim, you know they want to take us down so definitely can't look past them.

Round 2 = Likely Winnipeg. No need to discuss.

Round 3 = Someone I would be less concerned with than Winnipeg.

Round 4 = Made the SCF again, who cares!

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Was in the strange position of rooting for the Blues last night to keep Boston behind in the PT race. Am pleased that Chicago is eliminated from the playoffs. Went from winning the division to the trash heap. I like to think that we started them on the downfall in the first round last year. That and seeing a 1/2 full or less house in Detroit does my heart good.

Reactions: Roman Yoshi

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
after the PHO debacle years ago they all worry me (well actually from about 20 years before that). anyone that doesn't think we could lose to anyone in the first round really doesn't get hockey.

That was a gut punch, it still lingers....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad