OT: Around the NHL | Two Weeks Until The Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I doubt you even watched in '16. The difference between Sid and Phil in '16 was miniscule. The difference here between Kuznetsov and Ovechkin was gigantic. But some people put more effort into name recognition than they do into actually watching the games. Kuznetsov was flat-out robbed.
Yeah Kuzy was better and it isn't even just about points. In 16 you could have given it to Phil but Sid had more responsibilities and owned it.

Reactions: canadianguy77

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
The capitals have lost so many times in the playoffs and theyve seen the Penguins win 3 with sid that it isnt even about Sid v OV or Pittsburgh vs Washington. THey just wanted to win a damn cup.

The legacy comparison is over. Period.
Oh, rest assured their fans will want to stick it to us.

It’ll make the inevitable 4th straight meeting in the 2nd round next year all the more fun.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
I like to see new teams win if it’s not the Penguins. If you get that far you deserve it. I only care that AO won it because while championships are important, people automatically put amazing players a notch below others if they don’t win one in a team sport. He has hat validation now.

To people making this series a Fleury thing, a series in which you could see the Caps hit another gear apart from Vegas regardless of goaltending, you just come off as that person that keeps talking trash about their ex.

Reactions: Hobodrifter

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
The mix of people who get to finally crawl out from the woodwork to take shots at Fleury like the old times, the people who are filled with self deprivation, and the people who are actually happy to see Ovi raise the cup is all very alarming. I think a lot of us need a nice long break from the hockey world :P

Last edited:
Reactions: Rossi Rat

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I doubt you even watched in '16. The difference between Sid and Phil in '16 was miniscule. The difference here between Kuznetsov and Ovechkin was gigantic. But some people put more effort into name recognition than they do into actually watching the games. Kuznetsov was flat-out robbed.
I'm sorry but no, Ovi was really really really good these playoffs. Could it have gone to Kuz? Sure, just like 16 could have gone to Kessel. But Ovi is every bit as deserving as Sid was in 16.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
If you needed anything else to convince you the Conn Smythe is a trash award, Fleury finished higher in voting than Kuznetsov did for the Conn Smythe. The dude who had over a 4.0 GAA in the finals had more votes for the Smythe than the guy who led the playoffs in points.

Where did Kris Letang finish? That is the real robbery.

:sarcasm:

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I'm sorry but no, Ovi was really really really good these playoffs. Could it have gone to Kuz? Sure, just like 16 could have gone to Kessel. But Ovi is every bit as deserving as Sid was in 16.
You like Ovechkin..we get it. He's still tied for ES strength playoff points with Crosby, despite playing 2 more rounds lol. Guenztel has more ES points than Ovechkin for crying out loud.

Kuztnesov put that team on his back, and if you argue otherwise, you're wrong. He was the straw that stirred the drink, with Holtby a close 2nd.

Just because Ovechkin decides that he should put at least a little bit of effort into backchecking for once in his career, (and even then he was often suspect in that regard in these playoffs) it doesn't mean he deserves a Conn Smythe.

And for anyone to argue that it's even remotely close to the same as the supposed Phil/Sid controversy in '16, well that's just plain stupidity. That one could've went either way. This one shouldn't have been close.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

I said Crosby deserved it? Why do you doubt I watched 2016? Because I didn’t post on a message board? :laugh:

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I give Ovi credit for sticking with that trash organization in that stupid city this long. That is worth a CS, right?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Serious question: Was Vegas the worst looking finals team in recent memory, or did Washington simply play that well?

Because apart from Game 1, Vegas looked so disorganized, giving up tonnes of scoring chances, and basically didn't look like they were a serious threat to win any of the remaining games. It wasn't really a question of IF Washington would win, but just how many games it would take them.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Serious question: Was Vegas the worst looking finals team in recent memory, or did Washington simply play that well?

Because apart from Game 1, Vegas looked so disorganized, giving up tonnes of scoring chances, and basically didn't look like they were a serious threat to win any of the remaining games. It wasn't really a question of IF Washington would win, but just how many games it would take them.

Yes, and Washington was the weakest team to win the cup in recent memory, too.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA

They were downright awful. I really wanted Winnipeg to come out of the West to at least give the Caps a run at it. Watching them in the Finals you would have never guessed they breezed through the first three rounds.

Reactions: KIRK and EightyOne

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Yes, and Washington was the weakest team to win the cup in recent memory, too.
They were downright awful. I really wanted Winnipeg to come out of the West to at least give the Caps a run at it. Watching them in the Finals you would have never guessed they breezed through the first three rounds.

I mean, I really don't want to sound like "that guy" and not give the Caps credit for their strong play, but to me Vegas just looked awful this series. Like, they legitimately looked how you'd expect an expansion team to look versus an actual good team.

It also seemed like that perfect structure you saw versus LA, San Jose, and Winnipeg completely deserted them this round. So what we were left with was an average team going up against a good team.

Reactions: TNT87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad