OT: Around the NHL | Two Weeks Until The Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Probably in part because of how irrelevant they’ve been since.

And it's their own undoing really. Their long serving GM has destroyed that team with horrendous contracts, terrible drafting, and spotty free agency signings then he's also hired a terrible coach since Babs bounced and Babs has his own issues in Toronto.

That fan base is mad at us for something that happened a decade ago after they already won a cup vs us, they need to Elsa that shit.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
“All Hail the Capitals” (I don’t believe that was done for the Pens either of the past two years?)

“What does Oshie need to be a hall of famer?”

“Ovi the greatest ever”

“Tom Wilson appreciation thread”

GREAT stuff. Can it be next season already?
Told you it was coming.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The media seems to really love that Ovechkin won a cup, finally.

Man, we never got like any love from the media and other fans when Sid won any of his 3 cups also the narrative on the Caps board is that Ovechkin is far and beyond the better player over Crosby now that he has the 1 cup but remember when they said Cups don't enhance a career in a best vs best argument, then it happens and now it does, lol.

Before Ovechkin won the Cup: "Why bring up Cups? It's a team sport, Cups have ZERO to do with a player's value"

After Ovechkin won the Cup: "Now that he's won the Cup, this proves he's better than Crosby"

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Before Ovechkin won the Cup: "Why bring up Cups? It's a team sport, Cups have ZERO to do with a player's value"

After Ovechkin won the Cup: "Now that he's won the Cup, this proves he's better than Crosby"

Lol, yeah exactly. HF and the Media have suddenly done this weird 180 on Crosby, it's now this narrative to push literally anyone but him regardless of what he and Malkin do.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
f*** it guys.

Just watch this shit and enjoy the media comments then, too:

Since when do we give a shit what the other fans in the league or media have to say?

We know who we are. I dont f***ing care what a Bruin fan or Capital fan or what some talking head in Toronto has to say.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
You have to understand, the media and many fans love “flashy” players. They love guys with an “edge”, guys that produce headline grabbing quotes, guys that are “interesting” off the ice or field or court...

They hate “vanilla” players who give robotic answers at interviews and never cause a stir off the ice.

This is why the media really aren’t high on Crosby but love guys like Ovechkin, Subban, and such.

They just couldn’t wait for OV to win a Cup so they could crown him the best player of his generation and maybe of all time. And now you see the ridiculous threads about him being the best, Oshie in the HOF, Holtby is better than Hasek, Wilson appreciation, etc.

Now that the Caps have defeated milquetoast Crosby and the boys, and a flashy and exciting captain had won it all, they will be on his jock from here on out.

Reactions: EightyOne

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I wouldn’t say the media isn’t high on Crosby, they all pretty well acknowledge him as an all-time great. Especially Canadian media.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
You have to understand, the media and many fans love “flashy” players. They love guys with an “edge”, guys that produce headline grabbing quotes, guys that are “interesting” off the ice or field or court...

They hate “vanilla” players who give robotic answers at interviews and never cause a stir off the ice.

This is why the media really aren’t high on Crosby but love guys like Ovechkin, Subban, and such.

They just couldn’t wait for OV to win a Cup so they could crown him the best player of his generation and maybe of all time. And now you see the ridiculous threads about him being the best, Oshie in the HOF, Holtby is better than Hasek, Wilson appreciation, etc.

Now that the Caps have defeated milquetoast Crosby and the boys, and a flashy and exciting captain had won it all, they will be on his jock from here on out.
Let me know when he has 3.

Reactions: edog37

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think a mod should just close this thread and get a fresh one about after the playoffs and the next season, draft, etc.

Let's wash ourselves of the negative shit.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh

I know it’s all the Ovi fan boys have....it’s actually sad how idiotic they can be....

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
**** it guys.

Just watch this **** and enjoy the media comments then, too:

Since when do we give a **** what the other fans in the league or media have to say?

We know who we are. I dont ****ing care what a Bruin fan or Capital fan or what some talking head in Toronto has to say.

After seeing this, can’t wait for October to get after it again...

Reactions: EightyOne

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I wonder if we will be the banner raising game like they were for us in 2016?

It's usually the 1st home game, so unless we're their 1st home game next season, probably not. Although if they want to go down that path, cool, it'd be petty as hell but I mean by all means, fuel the team to wreck you in the playoffs later that year if they meet again.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

Wouldn't OV have to win 4 cups to be better than Crosby?
I still never see any highlight videos of OV even closely comparing to the skill level of Crosby. That is a fact. If OV was the more prolific player I would say it, what the hell do I care.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

You literally sound like a Caps fan.

Reactions: Turin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad