OT: Around the NHL | Two Weeks Until The Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Is there a “Can We Now Say That Ovechkin Is Better Than Crosby” thread on the main boards yet???

It’s coming...

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Is there a “Can We Now Say That Ovechkin Is Better Than Crosby” thread on the main boards yet???

It’s coming...

I mean, there's already tonnes of variations of that kind of thread already out there.

I also love the double standard that's already being applied. For a couple of seasons now we've heard how much of a "joke" Crosby's 2016 Conn Smythe was because he finished second to Kessel in scoring on the Pens. Now that Ovechkin is 5 points back of Kuznetsov, he seems to be exempt from that kind of criticism if he wins the Conn Smythe because "he brings other things to the table that Kuznetsov doesn't".

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I don't see it happening but need the Knights to win at least one or two to see Caps fans get nervous. They are way too confident and already planning the parade.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don't see it happening but need the Knights to win at least one or two to see Caps fans get nervous. They are way too confident and already planning the parade.

Not just the fans...some Cap player was talking about a visit to the WH yesterday...I hope Vegas stomps on them the next two games and takes it to a game 7, but I hold out very little hope....

Reactions: SouthGeorge

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
I mean, a fair number of Pens fans were unbearable when we won.

I know that is true. I don't recall them being focused on a particular fan base, like Caps fans on HF, but I could be wrong. I have just found references to Pens fans when they honestly are about to win a cup that seem strange. Just an observation from the main board that I am sure is isolated to a few. We all have those kind of posters and I guess the Pens are rightfully in their heads a little.

Vegas coming back would be interesting to see but I don't anticipate that. I am on record saying I wouldn't mind seeing Ovi get a cup. I was wrong about that. Don't want to see it.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
I mean, there's already tonnes of variations of that kind of thread already out there.

I also love the double standard that's already being applied. For a couple of seasons now we've heard how much of a "joke" Crosby's 2016 Conn Smythe was because he finished second to Kessel in scoring on the Pens. Now that Ovechkin is 5 points back of Kuznetsov, he seems to be exempt from that kind of criticism if he wins the Conn Smythe because "he brings other things to the table that Kuznetsov doesn't".
It sure will be interesting who gets it if the caps win and he finished second in scoring. Do you give it to him because he's the captain? Or do you give it to Kuznetzov as he plays the more vital position? Crosby had both covered and was great defensively both runs. They're splitting those arguments and neither is exactly an ace on d.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Well I hope Vegas puts up a fight tonight. And possibly gets a horseshoe or two. God knows there's enough of them stuffed up Holtby's arse.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It sure will be interesting who gets it if the caps win and he finished second in scoring. Do you give it to him because he's the captain? Or do you give it to Kuznetzov as he plays the more vital position? Crosby had both covered and was great defensively both runs. They're splitting those arguments and neither is exactly an ace on d.

Ironically enough, I'm not even saying Ovechkin shouldn't win the Conn Smythe. I think he has enough of a case that if he won, it would be deserving.

My issue is the fact HF went out of its way to deride Crosby's 2016 Conn Smythe because he finished 3 points behind Kessel, yet seems to have zero issue with Ovechkin winning it despite currently trailing Kuznetsov by 5 points. It's the double standard I can't stand.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
me tonight
NhfN0vO.gif

Reactions: Andy99 and SirBrad

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Why are they asking PK what Vegas should do when on the verge of being knocked out of the finals?

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
I haven’t been watching the beginnings of the games...do they make everyone sit through this opening in Vegas every game? Or is this a condensed version?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Well, after this ridiculous opening introduction. We get to be further insulted as the capitals wipe the floor with these scrubs.
Just end the pain already.

Reactions: SirBrad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad