OT: Around the NHL - Stanley Cup Playoffs First Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Yeah? Then not having a cup winning caliber team won’t help them get over that, it’s just less of a failure. Getting swept would be their great shame this year.

Depending how the game goes tonight we may get to see that 'being swept is a real possibility' look on their faces.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Agreed they aren’t a Cup contender. Last year may have been the Caps’ last chance at a Cup for a long time. Their defense is going to be even more lost without Carlson next year.

It was most likely their last serious shot with that core. They really failed to capitalize on their opportunity. The 2016 Pens were great but the Caps lost the game Letang was suspended for. The 2017 Caps added Shattenkirk, took out Crosby and faced a team without Letang. They won the game they took out Crosby in but it went to OT and then they lost the game he missed. They got shutout in game 7 while not recording a shot in the 3rd for some stupid amount of time. They might be the only team you can truly point to it being mental,

Depending how the game goes tonight we may get to see that 'being swept is a real possibility' look on their faces.

So blank and dead inside. I don’t think they’ll get swept because they need to give their fans some false hope before crushing it.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Panarin is my man crush. I really like the guy on an impersonal level.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
p02ghcmr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad