OT: Around the NHL - Stanley Cup Playoffs First Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I have to root for the Caps...I’m cheering more for a long series than for any particular opponent...
Honestly, I either want 7 games, or a sweep :laugh: Either they play as much as possible, or the Caps get embarrassed. Win-Win :laugh: Ideally, the Caps go down 3, storm back, then lose game 7.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
If Bob is the difference in the series, and then starts getting pulled again against the Pens, how do you not blow things up in Washington?

Reactions: Ogrezilla

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Oh Wilson :laugh: Trotz you keep putting him on your top line. That's on you. You give him minutes. That's on you. Sitting Vrana? On you.

Reactions: BHD

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I'm rooting for CBJ.

I want this to get so bad that Grape Ape has to seriously think about reading Sweaty Teddy the riot act.

Penguin Suited Up

Dec 26, 2017
nah, he'll be a rock until game 7.
I read somewhere that over the course of a season, an NHL coach on average can win/lose about 4 games by the decisions he makes from the bench. I really think Trotz lost the Caps 2 playoff games by not starting Holtby from the beginning of this series. It doesn’t matter that Holtby struggled a bit toward the end of the season. Holtby’s your guy, and outside of a couple series against a Penguins team that has made many goalies look average, he’s been very good for the Caps in the playoffs.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I read somewhere that over the course of a season, an NHL coach on average can win/lose about 4 games by the decisions he makes from the bench. I really think Trotz lost the Caps 2 playoff games by not starting Holtby from the beginning of this series. It doesn’t matter that Holtby struggled a bit toward the end of the season. Holtby’s your guy, and outside of a couple series against a Penguins team that has made many goalies look average, he’s been very good for the Caps in the playoffs.
he's also playing Tom Wilson just about 19 minutes a game :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad