OT: Around the NHL - Stanley Cup Playoffs 2nd Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The product average was also significantly less entertaining prior to 2016 too. The Pens winning not only was great for us, but it forced teams to play a more entertaining style to keep up.

Great point. Copycat effect working in the entire league's favor, even if rather unintentionally. Ha.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Great point. Copycat effect working in the entire league's favor, even if rather unintentionally. Ha.

Also helped that McDavid’s generation added some freshness. My perspective was no doubt soured partly by Johnston, but 2015 especially league wide was so damn boring and my interest in the sport was dipping since it was basically worse than the DPE. Sounds bias but Sullivan and Rutherford really did help save this league from itself.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I love how Roenick and Milbury are complaining about the refs tonight...where were they last night when the Pens got hosed....

Reactions: ETA

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I can't stand the Bruins, and their fans, but I agree with the post game analysts, that the Bruins got jobbed on several calls tonight. Thought that was some poor reffing. (from what I saw, admittedly not the whole game)

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Their complaints are accurate except for the suggestion that this year is any different than other years. Every year as long as I can remember they swallow the whistles in the playoffs, especially after the first round.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Also helped that McDavid’s generation added some freshness. My perspective was no doubt soured partly by Johnston, but 2015 especially league wide was so damn boring and my interest in the sport was dipping since it was basically worse than the DPE. Sounds bias but Sullivan and Rutherford really did help save this league from itself.

For sure. Lots of really terrific talent filtering into the league the last few seasons.

I don't think it's that biased. The Penguins core plus a GM/coach combo that was finally able to see the potential there really injected some life into the league as well as the franchise, obviously. It sort of further fuels the "what if" theories of what would happen without a Shero/Disco tandem who tried to sandpaper this team to death.

Reactions: ncm7772

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
image.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad