OT: Around the NHL - Stanley Cup Playoffs 2nd Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This TB BOS series has gotten pretty nasty this game but the refs are actually calling stuff, unlike last night...

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Incentivizing hitting from behind, good job league.
It's a joke. It's the same stuff that happens to the Pens. Tampa is out here trying to play hockey like we do.. that was a blatant hit from behind then a skirmish. How is that even?? Keep allowing Boston to do whatever they want. Why should they stop? Why should the Caps stop?? Pittsburgh, Tampa should be on never ending power plays.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Tampa scores, immediately the refs start calling penalties to even it up.

Sometimes I think the two Cups saved my fandom, because this crap has gotten exhausting.

Speaking for myself it absolutely did. Not ashamed to admit it. The league doesn't seem interested in putting together a passable product and shows no signs of changing. I don't really see how that should be rewarded. But I mean... the team I've been following since I was 11 went on a huge tear with a terrific brand of hockey so...

Reactions: ncm7772

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I agree with Pierre there. Quite the contrast between that 1st period slash call and the no call there on Marchand.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Speaking for myself it absolutely did. Not ashamed to admit it. The league doesn't seem interested in putting together a passable product and shows no signs of changing. I don't really see how that should be rewarded. But I mean... the team I've been following since I was 11 went on a huge tear with a terrific brand of hockey so...

The product average was also significantly less entertaining prior to 2016 too. The Pens winning not only was great for us, but it forced teams to play a more entertaining style to keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad