OT: Around the NHL - Stanley Cup Playoffs 2nd Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
A perfect example of the stupidity of NHL refereeing in the NSH - WPG game yesterday - Subban blatantly crosscheck Laine, then another Jet returns the favour, then Laine slashes Subban in the leg, then Subban (probably embellishes) and literally craws to the bench. All that happens right in front of the ref who is a meter or two away and saw everything perfectly.

The end result - not a single penalty given.

Other than that it was a very exciting game, too bad the Jets couldn't manage a win. This Scheifele guy is pretty good at hockey, isn't he?

The more I watch Subban, the more he annoys me with his WWE-like acting skills. Someone taps him and he's rolling around like Triple H just slammed a sledgehammer into his knee. Someone hits him into the boards and he's flopping on the ice as though The Big Show just squashed him into the corner turnbuckle. Really talented player, but his antics are just idiotic.

The funny thing is you could even understand him doing that if it actually drew penalties, but the refs don't even fall for it. So he just ends up looking like a buffoon.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
This G2 in Tampa feels enormous. Can the Bolts right things or are Bs ready to roll?
I'm hoping for TB but Boston just seems like they're gonna grab this series by the junk.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Matter of time. You keep getting that many shots..youll get one past.

Too much talent not to. Thats what we are missing at the moment. Need it back.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Really stupid second penalty...5 on 3 for Boston now...

Edit..not that I don’t have dreams of smashing Marchand’s face against the boards too...

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Tampa would be so much better to play in the ECF if the Penguins get there/get healthy.

Reactions: Andy99

Tunez33

Mar 29, 2013
Shaller literally just punched vas in the face while Tampa had the puck behind the net and nothing

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If every time the ref made a stupid call or Tom Wilson (or insert player of your choice) levels a hit that should be a penalty that wasn’t called, every head coach and every player asked to comment about it afterwards should repeat the Manchurian Candidate brainwashed chant—“[insert ref or player name] is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I’ve ever known in my life.”....lol....just keep saying this....

If they did that, I guarantee you the NHL brass would be pissed and the calls, or lack thereof, would improve tremendously....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad