OT: Around the NHL - Stanley Cup Playoffs 2nd Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Helps when you have a one-time option like Marchessault. With Geno out and with Schultz not shooting, the Pens don't have a one-time threat on the PP, so they can't catch a team like that with a quick strike.
Has Phil ever one-timed a pass in his pro career?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
One of the traits that really surprises me about this Vegas team is their poise. In a very star driven league, they have belief in one another. But they never, ever, ever lose confidence or panic. It's incredible. That is where I thought the team would struggle a bit. Instead, they just get someone else to step up on any night.

Something even the Pens are struggling a bit with right now - having someone other than the stars step up. And Vegas just isn't having an issue. They are getting it from each player.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Interesting - all those people around the net and nobody two-handed the goalie. Hmmmm It's as if some teams want to actually play hockey.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
So far round 2 is destroying round 1 in even matched and exciting as hell games.

Mordax

You make it hard
Sep 23, 2009
Victoria, BC
I rarely watch the NBC broadcasts, being up in Canada, so I often forget just how annoying Jeremy Roenick is... He suuuuuucks

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I don't see that. I think SJ had way more speed to start the game. Vegas found their legs and then SJ was struggling to keep up. I thought it was pretty open. Exciting hockey.
I agree it was better at the start of the game, but when Vegas gets in in SJ's zone they are using their free hand all the time.

Also, SJ playing with speed is a relative term since they may be the slowest team in the league.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I agree it was better at the start of the game, but when Vegas gets in in SJ's zone they are using their free hand all the time.

Also, SJ playing with speed is a relative term since they may be the slowest team in the league.

The one thing I can't stand is that there are 2 deliberate shots to the head in this game and all that happened was a minor penalty. It is f***ing insane how dumb this league is. Just so dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad