Status
Not open for further replies.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
“German engineering at its finest.”
Yeah, great line by that announcer.

EDIT: Ekholm two big defensive plays on that shift. He's a horse. And a big reason I can see EDM going far. (I have them winning it all.) With their talent, they are fun to watch. But I get why a lot of people root against them. Most likely because of their fans. They act like McDavid invented hockey.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side

EDIT: Ekholm two big defensive plays on that shift. He's a horse. And a big reason I can see EDM going far. (I have them winning it all.) With their talent, they are fun to watch. But I get why a lot of people root against them. Most likely because of their fans. They act like McDavid invented hockey.

Despite the league deciding it was cool to start the playoffs on a Monday, it would really be huge if the best player made it to the Finals.

The Oilers seem to finally have the right pieces to make a legitimate run.

Reactions: td_ice

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town

After years of Edmonton trying to get a big name blueliner to fill out their team and winding up with duds (Larsson, Keith) it finally feels like they landed exactly what they needed.

They were saying something insane on the broadcast that the Oilers went like 18-2-2 since they picked him up. That’s nuts. Reminds me of the Bruins getting Lindholm and a good Dman just taking a step up to being fantastic in the right environment.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Weird scheduling quirk for the EDM/LA series. April 25 game 5 (if needed) and game 6 (if needed) will be April 29.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Dumba hit 2 mins if not to the head, since it was a touch late. Honestly don't know what seasoned vet like Pavelski is doing not expecting to get hit there. I don't love it but as long as it's on the shoulder or chest idk man, don't admire the dump in. I say this as somebody who thinks Dumba is one of the dumbest players in the league.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
In the NHL? Leah Hextall 100%.
As the kids say nowadays. FACTS. But the good thing, it seems she has been moved to a different role.

That Dumba hit seemed late as f***. A Trouba special.
I remember the next day after Trouba took out Sid. I was listening to all the NHL network radio shows, expecting the outrage from all the hosts. Not one. They all were good with the hit. The usual, "it's playoff hockey". "Good old physical play." It was disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad